Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First True Discriminating Detector?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone ever used any of this company's units? They claim to have patented the first "true" discriminating detector, in the early 70's. I saw an estate sale sign on a utility pole on my way home from work today, and decided to check it out. More like an upscale garage sale, lol. To my surprise, I saw a detector sitting amongst all their crap. It was a Pioneer model for sale, but never heard of the brand. It was ancient, and they were asking $90. I was really looking for old silver coins, but they didn't have any.

http://www.intexsystemscorp.com/ahpro.html

Joe
I've heard of them. Never used one. I think the company still exists, but doesn't make detectors anymore. Did you offer them 20 for it?
I thought that Pioneer was absorbed by First Texas or Fisher. I don't go back that far. So it's all hearsay on this end. Heck, even for $90 it might be a collectors item and something to play with in the off moments.
Ok the old guy knows !!! Had one of those back in the early 70's. Brought it from a dealer in Wayne NJ. don't remember the price. It was the one in the top left of the photo on the link you added. Sold it to a friend about 1973 and brought a tom cat detector from a dealer that was a coin & metal detecting store in Butler NJ. Unless you want a wall hanger save your money and brought the silver you are looking for with the $90.00.
(01-14-2015 08:27 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Ok the old guy knows !!! Had one of those back in the early 70's. Brought it from a dealer in Wayne NJ. don't remember the price. It was the one in the top left of the photo on the link you added. Sold it to a friend about 1973 and brought a tom cat detector from a dealer that was a coin & metal detecting store in Butler NJ. Unless you want a wall hanger save your money and brought the silver you are looking for with the $90.00.

YesYesYes Thank God for Bullet!! Honestly I didn't know. I was shooting in the dark. But I agree with the $90 on bullion or coin!

Ed
You were somewhat correct too ED!

Bounty fisher/aka FT(1st texas) (aka = bounty hunter) did absorb pioneer waaaay back

they (bounty hunter) even had a machine called the pioneer at one time (in the 80s I believe)

it was a big O piece of you know what!

Beer
(01-14-2015 09:35 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]You were somewhat correct too ED!

Bounty fisher/aka FT(1st texas) (aka = bounty hunter) did absorb pioneer waaaay back

they (bounty hunter) even had a machine called the pioneer at one time (in the 80s I believe)

it was a big O piece of you know what!

Beer

Thank you Wayne! I just went with my gut (What I can remember reading somewhere, sometime???) and you affirmed some of the old melon memories. TY Bro! YesYesYes
Lol. Didn't go there looking for a detector, and I freaked when I saw it. I'm eyeing it over, and this older broad pops out of nowhere. Looked like Roseanne Barr in her early 70's. Tons of gaudy jewelry on her. I look over at her, and she sees me looking at the detector and says "This is a professional metal detector machine". Oh, really? "Yes, it can find ANYTHING in the ground. Rocks, precious metals, whatever you're interested in". Okay. What are you asking for it? She then goes through the door in the garage into the house, and I hear her asking someone about the price. She comes back & says "They wanted $130 but they'll take $90 today". Can they do any better? I never tried one before, and that's a lot of money. "No, I'm afraid that's the best we can do". Ha!

The thing looked like a dinosaur, with tape over the speakers and everything. About $89 more than I think it was worth, lol.

Looked up the company when I got home though, and was surprised when I saw they had the original patent on the first true discriminating detector.

Joe
Well, more Technical Art Nouveau for the dumpster I'd guess. I can see the old man in the house, telling the daughter the price. Man, what torture reality is.
Tape over speakers is to keep them clean and dry. Probably was used at the beach. It would be cool to see the finds it made.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's