Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Perseverance!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are some skilled cats!!! Wow. http://goo.gl/izFjbM

Joe
My son Eric is a registered free climber with Cuyahoga County S&R here and with the Bricklayers, to teach the apprentices to do inspections on buildings, which is one hell of a lot safer that a sheer rock wall. Yes, that's what it takes sometimes. The lowest bidder gets the job by the least expensive means. I did some in NYC on Rock Center and in the Garment District on 34th when I was in Manhattan. Floating around in the wind from a rope ain't exactly a tantalizing pleasure.

But I'll tell you one thing about those two guys in CA. They are driven! I would never attempt that myself and Eric could only dream about it. (And does.) It just goes to show you what we as a species can really do if our determination, will and ability are available for the task at hand.

Bravo to those two brave guys and the people that supported them.

We can do ANYTHING, if we WANT to!

Ed
I don't like heights to begin with. In an enclosed space I'm fine, or on top of a building or something, but, I'd never be able to do that. You gotta have the make up for it. What struck me though was, they DID it. Life itself is about overcoming obstacles, many of which are self imposed. Seeing this serves as motivation. Then, there's the physical aspect. One false move and these guys woulda been dog meat. Talk about rising to the occasion.

Joe
Reference URL's