Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Simply Amazing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something this old, just sitting by its lonesome, propped up against a tree for all those years. Stunning. Would be akin to me walking over a surface morgan dollar.

http://goo.gl/ozWRvw

Joe
That's really cool!
 I lived in the Great Basin of Nevada for several years and the air is so dry there, that if you pull out a couple of pieces of bread to make a sandwich, and don't do it right away, within about 20 minutes the bread is already getting pretty crispy!
Totally believable that this gun survived in that climate.
(01-15-2015 11:31 AM)caprock Wrote: [ -> ]That's really cool!
 I lived in the Great Basin of Nevada for several years and the air is so dry there, that if you pull out a couple of pieces of bread to make a sandwich, and don't do it right away, within about 20 minutes the bread is already getting pretty crispy!
Totally believable that this gun survived in that climate.

If that's there, imagine what's in the ground!!! I'm wondering if it was left there from the 1800's, or, if someone was carrying around their dad's/grandfather's antique rifle within the past 30 or 40 years and simply lost/misplaced it in that location.

Joe
Dude, thats awesome! History is just incredible sometimes
Great piece of history. T would like to buy a few at $25.00 each now!
That's cool as hell. I bet it was left by outlaws on the run. They camped out in the desert and had to take off in a hurry when they spotted a posse on the horizon. Awesome.
That's the kind of thing that gives you hope to find just about anything if your in the right place. Really cool article.
[/quote]

If that's there, imagine what's in the ground!!! I'm wondering if it was left there from the 1800's, or, if someone was carrying around their dad's/grandfather's antique rifle within the past 30 or 40 years and simply lost/misplaced it in that location.

Joe
[/quote]

Don't imagine it in the National Parks. Oh yeah it's there. Good luck hoop jumping to get a permit to detect. I saw this in the morning and because it's in the NPS, didn't give it a second thought, although I wish it were one of those 64 brass receiver Winchesters. Still, one hell of a find. If the NPS sold tourist 3 day MD'ing permits for $100 apiece I'd be willing to bet they'd cover there fuel expenses for a year in less than a month. There's got to be some great stuff under the ground there and all over the National Parks.

Joe
[/quote]

Don't imagine it in the National Parks. Oh yeah it's there. Good luck hoop jumping to get a permit to detect. I saw this in the morning and because it's in the NPS, didn't give it a second thought, although I wish it were one of those 64 brass receiver Winchesters. Still, one hell of a find. If the NPS sold tourist 3 day MD'ing permits for $100 apiece I'd be willing to bet they'd cover there fuel expenses for a year in less than a month. There's got to be some great stuff under the ground there and all over the National Parks.
[/quote]

That's a great idea about the passes, but, as you say, it'll never happen. All of the park rangers that own detectors keep it to themselves. And if you don't think that actually goes on, think again Wink

Imagine if you had a brother or best friend that was one the Rangers. You asked him if you could detect, and he'd probably say; "Well, it's certainly not allowed, but if I don't see you, you're not doing anything wrong", wink wink. This crap definitely happens. It's not what you know...

Joe
(01-15-2015 07:14 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2015 07:00 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

[/quote]

That's a great idea about the passes, but, as you say, it'll never happen. All of the park rangers that own detectors keep it to themselves. And if you don't think that actually goes on, think again Wink

Imagine if you had a brother or best friend that was one the Rangers. You asked him if you could detect, and he'd probably say; "Well, it's certainly not allowed, but if I don't see you, you're not doing anything wrong", wink wink. This crap definitely happens. It's not what you know...

Joe
[/quote]

Ditto that. I'm sure as hell it does.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's