Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: learning curve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got out for a hour or so today with the V3I , I have a big learning curve from the DFX.
Found little clad and usual junk nothing to talk about. Pinpointing with the D2 coil is different than the 950 concentric coil on the DFX. It's about what I expected for the first time out with new detector.
(01-17-2015 12:17 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I got out for a hour or so today with the V3I , I have a big learning curve from the DFX.
Found little clad and usual junk nothing to talk about. Pinpointing with the D2 coil is different than the 950 concentric coil on the DFX. It's about what I expected for the first time out with new detector.

I'm jealous, no getting out here in NJ!!! As with anything else in life, repetition is key Yes Generally speaking, most hunters don't START getting comfortable on a new unit until they've had 30 to 50 hours on it. So, take it slow & enjoy the process. That's one of the beauties of learning a new machine - that wonderful discovery phase. I predict you'll be posting some great stuff by spring, Redd Happy

Joe
Good luck with the new toy!
That's one of the main reasons I've avoided the V3i

for those who spend the time with one though seem to do really well with it

hope to see some of the finds you make with it Yes

Beer
Good luck with it. I studied it for a while. I like the different graphing capabilities over the spread of the frequencies. I have a fella up here in my area that loves his. He's found a lot of stuff with it.

I agree with Joe. Once the light bulb up in the noggin goes off it's, "Off to the races!".

Ed
Yes the V3i is one nice machine I used one for a year and can say I didn't know it all or even very much. It was too hot for where I live in wiscosnin had to tune it down, That's when I got the VX3 not as complicated and smoother operation
Great machine a friend of my has one ,it took alittle time but he has mastered it now. You too will be showing of some great finds soon.
Yes I know it would take a while to get it but at the deal that I got it I will take the time to master it.
Reference URL's