Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Heart Shaped Martingale & Militia Sword Hanger ;-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love my new book = RELICS OF THE COASTAL EMPIRE, THE CIVIL WAR YEARS

I'm finding all kinds of stuff in it that I've dug over the past couple of yrs but never knew what it was even though I've known it's relevant to the period ;-)

Although my stuff was dug here in Michigan - you can clearly see it nearly mirrors that of the south shown in the book

HH all

[Image: cwf001_zpsd07bd45d.jpg]

[Image: cwf002_zpsb59d5ca9.jpg]

[Image: cwf003_zpsaff7cb52.jpg]

[Image: cwf004_zps698b6df8.jpg]
I saw that post earlier about the book and was hoping you'd post something. COOL FINDS ya got there! Looks like you dreams came true! Nothing better than a good reference book!

Ed
Looks like a great book to add to my library. Here are a few I have.
(01-17-2015 02:44 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]I love my new book = RELICS OF THE COASTAL EMPIRE, THE CIVIL WAR YEARS

I'm finding all kinds of stuff in it that I've dug over the past couple of yrs but never knew what it was even though I've known it's relevant to the period ;-)

Although my stuff was dug here in Michigan - you can clearly see it nearly mirrors that of the south shown in the book

HH all

(01-17-2015 04:30 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a great book to add to my library. Here are a few I have.

Wayne, NICE DIGS Yes Are you telling me that until you got that book, those pieces above went unidentified? Two words: Keith Southern Wink

Bob, where did you pick up the books, feebay?

Joe
(01-17-2015 04:41 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2015 02:44 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]I love my new book = RELICS OF THE COASTAL EMPIRE, THE CIVIL WAR YEARS

HH all

(01-17-2015 04:30 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a great book to add to my library. Here are a few I have.

Wayne, NICE DIGS Yes Are you telling me that until you got that book, those pieces above went unidentified? Two words: Keith Southern Wink

Joe

Some from hunt that where prizes an a lot from a dealer that use too be on RT 46 in Saddlebrook NJ -Geo Quest, he passed away a long time ago.Was a member of the club I am in and gave members a discount.I have a lot more but didn't what to take up to much space on the page .
Bob, Zeppelin Hobbies in Wayne is a decent little store. Owner's name is Lou. They only deal White's, because their main business is slot cars, model planes, etc., but they have a decent section of detecting books, as well as beach scoops and other supplies. I used to go to Meltzer's, though they have since stopped carrying detecting stuff.

Whomever opens a storefront dealership here in Northern, NJ is going to clean up, as the closest we have to us is The Gold Digger, which I believe is down the shore somewhere. We need someplace around here within driving distance. Problem is...

90% of business is done online nowadays, and with the smaller profit margins on detecting supplies, it would be tough. Still, I, as well as many others, enjoy going into a place, bullshitting a little with others, and buying items in-person, when possible.

Joe
Very cool but I think your heart is a bit too small to be a Martingale. A martingale would cover your palm. It was pretty big. About the size of a Breast Plate.

Mark found one out here a while back but it was damaged.

Kick Ass sword hanger though!!
(01-17-2015 04:41 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne, NICE DIGS Yes Are you telling me that until you got that book, those pieces above went unidentified? Two words: Keith Southern Wink

Joe

Yes Joe

I've posted them on a few forums but no one's ever identified them specifically.

Now I'm thinking that the heart shaped piece is actually a saddle shield and not a "true" martingale though because as Ron pointed out - it's too small to be a breastplate basically...

Beer
Those are some nice digs. Glad you are enjoying that book. I just visited the Heinz history center today. I was drooling over all the glass cases filled with relics down there. That place is awesome.
(01-17-2015 07:53 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Those are some nice digs. Glad you are enjoying that book. I just visited the Heinz history center today. I was drooling over all the glass cases filled with relics down there. That place is awesome.

Hope you took, Og Happy

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's