Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Tread subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe (or somebody)

how do I turn off "thread subscriptions" once and for all so that I don't EVER get a notice for ANY reason that someone replied to ANY thread??

I can not be bothered with having to manually turn off thread subscriptions every single time I post something to a new or existing thread and I refuse to have my mailbox in email fill up with the notices until I have 100s of them in just a day or 2 - this is insane.

Please advise - thx
(01-17-2015 07:34 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Joe (or somebody)

how do I turn off "thread subscriptions" once and for all so that I don't EVER get a notice for ANY reason that someone replied to ANY thread??

I can not be bothered with having to manually turn off thread subscriptions every single time I post something to a new or existing thread and I refuse to have my mailbox in email fill up with the notices until I have 100s of them in just a day or 2 - this is insane.

Please advise - thx

We will be turning off the notifications site wide tomorrow. By default, within the software platform, they are on. The reason we left it on was, there were many members who PM'd me from time to time, and asked how they can receive an email notification when there's a response to a thread they've been active in. So, thought it would be helpful. However, I agree, it can get crazy.

Joe
Thanks I was getting kinda crazy
Thanks Joe Yes

Maybe there's a way people that WANT that service can turn/leave it on?

It's just not something I can/want to deal with personally!

Beer
Ok Guys, I made some changes on the core. Now threads subscriptions are disabled by default.
However, all members that registered until now have them enabled in their profile. I will prepare a small tutorial about this, so you know how to enable/disable them.

If you want to disable EVERY subscription to EVERY thread, please send me a PM, so you don't have to do it manually (one by one).
PM sent Thanks
Reference URL's