Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hordes = Sales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember my last few posts that pointed out how hot the overseas markets are for detector manufacturers? One distributor has seen a THIRTY PERCENT spike in sales of units after that latest horde was found! Big action = big revenues Yes

I mentioned to Ron that, if I were behind XP, the first thing I'd do is reach out to Ron's buddy who found that cache, ask how much he wanted, pay him, and then make him the face in ALL U.S. based advertising endeavors.

The Deus' are selling QUITE well here already, but by showcasing the story of this exceptional cache, they would see a HUGE sales surge.

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/news/local-new...er-8425811

Joe
Oh yes that makes sales jump even for the other brands when someone finds the good stuff. Just think if we knew about all the really valuable stuff found. I had a friend that found 5 - 20 dollar gold pieces and a 5 dollar with a flying eagle cent all stacked up in a pile under a sidewalk. Very few people heard about it or made anything out of it even after it was in the mags. But that was before facebook and no videos.
Not taking anything  away from these finds, It is great and I love the video, Hope they get back out there without too many people following them. And find some more to all to the pile
When someone finds something like that, don't you think they could have found it with any of the top name detectors? I think it's just a matter of putting the coil where no man has gone before. What impresses me is pulling finds from places that have been hunted before. The Deus is good at that and so are alot of the other newer machines. Finding hordes or caches is great hype, but doesn't speak to me of how good a machine is. I'm sure it does sell them though.
(01-18-2015 11:32 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]When someone finds something like that, don't you think they could have found it with any of the top name detectors? I think it's just a matter of putting the coil where no man has gone before. What impresses me is pulling finds from places that have been hunted before. The Deus is good at that and so are alot of the other newer machines. Finding hordes or caches is great hype, but doesn't speak to me of how good a machine is. I'm sure it does sell them though.

Of course, you're 100% right, probably could've been found with any machine, but it wasn't. It was found with a Deus. I don't care how much money they could spend on advertising, NOTHING would sell more machines than publicizing that cache as loudly as they can. Most people aren't as savvy as you. They're emotional. They see the cache in a magazine, or on the web, notice it was found with a Deus, and think; "I'm gittin me of of them there Deus'!!!". This hobby is largely about hype. If I was a manufacturer, I'd feed on that, and what better way than touting that probably one of the best caches EVER found in the U.S.A. was found with THEIR detector Wink

Joe
(01-18-2015 11:54 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2015 11:32 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]When someone finds something like that, don't you think they could have found it with any of the top name detectors? I think it's just a matter of putting the coil where no man has gone before. What impresses me is pulling finds from places that have been hunted before. The Deus is good at that and so are alot of the other newer machines. Finding hordes or caches is great hype, but doesn't speak to me of how good a machine is. I'm sure it does sell them though.

Of course, you're 100% right, probably could've been found with any machine, but it wasn't. It was found with a Deus. I don't care how much money they could spend on advertising, NOTHING would sell more machines than publicizing that cache as loudly as they can. Most people aren't as savvy as you. They're emotional. They see the cache in a magazine, or on the web, notice it was found with a Deus, and think; "I'm gittin me of of them there Deus'!!!". This hobby is largely about hype. If I was a manufacturer, I'd feed on that, and what better way than touting that probably one of the best caches EVER found in the U.S.A. was found with THEIR detector Wink

Joe
Yep people bite on the hype like carp on french fries.
Reference URL's