Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: How to manage thread subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every user has the possibility to enable/disable forum or thread subscriptions. That way, you can be notified when a new post is made in some thread or when a new thread is created in some forum.

Forum subscriptions

You can easily get notifications when a new thread is created in some forum.
For that, navigate to that forum (in this example, the Show & Tell forum), and at the top of the forum, locate the Subscribe to this forum link. just click on it to subscribe!

[attachment=5029]

The same applies if you want to unsubscribe to a forum you had subscribed previously. The link in that case will be Unsubscribe from this forum.

Thread subscriptions

You can also easily subscribe to some thread. That way, you will be notified when now posts are made to that thread.
Just navigate to that thread (in this example, Ron's Find of a Lifetime – you should definitely watch this video, by the way!).
At the bottom of the thread, click the Subscribe to this thread link, and on the next page, select if you want email notifications.
That's it!

[attachment=5030]
[attachment=5031]

Now... if you don't want to do this for EVERY thread, you can configure your account to make this by default for every thread you create or reply to.

User account subscriptions options

Go to your User CP and then click on Edit Options.

[attachment=5032]

You will see the notification options under Messaging and Notification.

[attachment=5033]
Thanks, Gil!!! A lot of people love notifications, and a lot hate them. Follow the above steps to either receive them or opt out of them Happy

Joe
Very thorough instructions. I love email from here. But, being the genius I am, Think never totally absorbed the "Subscribe to this forum" button at the top right. So thank you Gil.
You're welcome! Hope my English is good enough to make it clear Wink
Reference URL's