Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: PVC T-Handle belt holder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw this on another site , thought some of you could use this.
1. PVC T-Handle belt holder
PVC T-Handle shovel holder for my belt out of a 3 1/2" piece of 1 1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe.

Cut to length you need.

Saw lengthwise to open it up.

Apply heat with a propane torch until you can pry it open enough to get one side in the vise, then heat a strip above where it's held in the vise and bend a little. Slid it down into the vise and tighten until it cools. Then keep repeating until you have the straight side as long as you need.

Cut the handle opening and clean cut with a rat tail file.

Then I rounded all the corners on the grinder to get rid of the sharp edges.

I cut the belt slits with a dremel but you could drill a line of holes and use a rat tail file to clean them up too.

It was actually pretty fun to make and really holds the shovel nice. It's real easy to clip it in and out.

You can heat the two tabs and bend them in a bit if you need a tighter fit but this one literally "clips" into the holder.
Pretty cool!!! Are you going to cut that digger down on the mod you posted, or use it as the larger size?

Joe
That,s Cool, To get the flat side, do you use a heat gun? I will try and make one. Thanks
(01-19-2015 03:28 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool!!! Are you going to cut that digger down on the mod you posted, or use it as the larger size?

Joe

Going to cut it down one of these days.
(01-19-2015 03:45 PM)Dean Stone Wrote: [ -> ]That,s Cool, To get the flat side, do you use a heat gun? I will try and make one. Thanks

You can use a heat gun to bend and shape pvc, the trick is to keep the heat moving, if you stay in one spot to long you will burn it. Also it must be held in the shape you want it till it cools down.
nice job! Good ole American ingenuity there!
I've seen those around before...i just got a long T-handle shovel for christmas and this would help greatly
Wow what a sweet ideal. Never thought of that.
That's ingenious!
I've seen those on Youtube. Was trying to figure out a way to make one for the ball handle Sampson that I have but my legs are too short and it'd be dragging on the ground, falling off etc.... So I'm stuck with using it as a kind of a cane or walking stick!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's