Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Misc From Xmas to New Years 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided to get my butt out of the chair and post just a few of the things I found beside silver.

The first pic with the broken ax head, which was found at an old logging camp/mill and is now a 139 acre park. I've been there before without a lot of success but it deserves more attention. I made about a 2000 foot trek around the inner perimeter over a four hour period, discovering an old tree lined and overgrown road which I'll get to this coming season. I think the place has a lot of potential but it's going to take a ton of trip to cover it. And I think that pedal like thing is from a treadle sewing machine but where I found it doesn't compute.

Pic # 2 is a small sample of the old broken car parts I find. So any of you car parts enthusiasts want a go at getting a description to me, have at it.

Pic # 3 has got a nice lantern mantle that cleaned up pretty good. Bicycle parts I find along the sides of trails, again just a sample of the tons I find. Those reflectors were at 10 and 12" respectively in two locations and had me digging like a badger for that elusive SEATED HALF!! Chuckle

Pic # 4 is a compilation of just neat stuff I find that has me sometimes befuddled and sometimes surprised.

Then th stuff I didn't show will turn up tomorrow as it mostly salvageable scrap and just plain trash sitting in the back of the truck. Oh, the pile got bigger during that week, lots bigger.

Enjoy and those of you that can, get out and hunt!!!

Ed
Cool stuff Ed.
Nice digs, Ed!!! What's that Presto thing? Is it one of them sterno heaters, or just a case of some sort? I like hunting right off old trails, and have had fairly good luck with them. Trashy? Yes, but worth it Yes I like that Ronson lighter, too! Used to have a real nice old school Ronson years ago, but I lost it Cool Glad you got outta the armchair, as I'm bouncing off the walls over here and need to see finds!!! Come on SPRING!!!!!

Joe
(01-19-2015 11:15 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs, Ed!!! What's that Presto thing? Is it one of them sterno heaters, or just a case of some sort? I like hunting right off old trails, and have had fairly good luck with them. Trashy? Yes, but worth it Yes I like that Ronson lighter, too! Used to have a real nice old school Ronson years ago, but I lost it Cool Glad you got outta the armchair, as I'm bouncing off the walls over here and need to see finds!!! Come on SPRING!!!!!

Joe

Joe, That's one of the six or so mason jar lids I've found this past season. I found this one near a bottle dump but most of the stuff was broken.

Ed
With all that there got to be some goodies too.
Nice haul Ed!

Love the car and the barss thing looks like a good heavy chunk for the scrap yard pile Yes

Beer
As we all know this time of the year is the hardest time to get out for us folks in the northern part of the country. So just being able to get out Ed is a plus. With all that land someday you should find some good stuff.
(01-20-2015 12:15 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]As we all know this time of the year is the hardest time to get out for us folks in the northern part of the country. So just being able to get out Ed is a plus. With all that land someday you should find some good stuff.

I hope so Bob. The area I searched was the tree line of the forest which surrounds about 40 acres of picnic/play area. That picnic area is kinda off center in the whole of the woods and a portion was the old mill and operation building. Problem with it is a lot of the forest is just bog and in the spring and summer the skeeters are so bad you have to wear a head net. I've worked the grassy areas to death with both my Delta and SE. Finding that road with the trees lining both sides was a real kick. When I go back I'm starting there.

Ed
On the bottom pic the first ??? is the center of the thermostat in pic above that.
(01-20-2015 08:44 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]On the bottom pic the first ??? is the center of the thermostat in pic above that.

OK thanks! I think there's a spring out there in some of that junk too!
Reference URL's