Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More history for today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this today . Always looking for history items. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...s-c-river/
Man that would be one helluva find if anything survived the water over all these years. I guess Columbia was so devastated by the Union troops that everyone there was more interested in surviving "after" the onslaught to care about discarded weapons of war. Nice to hear that treasure and relic seekers did make some attempts in the past. I'm going to keep my eye out in the coming year for more reports on this. This is an interesting and historic find. Thanks Bob!
Very interesting read!! Thanks for sharing
Very cool read, hope they are able to recover it all safely.
Pretty cool read there

will have to keep an eye on this one

wonder what condition the stuff would be in --- being that it's encased in tar more or less?

Could be good!

Beer
Awesome link! There is MUCH stuff to be found in the water. And I'm not taking just the ocean. Anyone ever see that guy Beau Oullimette I believe his name is? He's on some forums & has a ton of videos. Anywho, he was big into hunting fords at one time. He unearthed a stunning cache of a couple hundred silver dollars, reals, etc. This was a couple of years ago. Guy is GOOD. Very nice, too. Just think...

Troops, people, buggies, horses, etc. all had to cross streams, fords, rivers, and so forth. Things are going to get lost. Maybe things were purposely buried, also.

A buddy of mine wanted to get a hookah system years ago to work smaller lakes. He never did, but, my god, I can only imagine all the coins, jewelry & relics in some for of the popular places!

Joe
Reference URL's