Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Detecting Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If a genie magically appeared in front of you right now, and granted only ONE wish, which would be permanent, for life, what option would you choose...

The ability to get out everyday, 7 days per week to hunt, but only finding more common coinage; mercs, barbers, V nickles, etc., though you'd be guaranteed 4 or 5 per hunt.

Or...

Only being able to hunt once per month, with the same amount of coins guaranteed, yet, these would be much older & more rare, seateds, reals, busts, morgan's, etc.

Which would you choose?

I've thought about this many times, and I would EASILY opt for hunting everyday. I need action. Adventure. To scratch the itch. Once a month just wouldn't cut it, for me.

What say you?

Joe
I would go for hunting everyday. With all that silver daily you could always buy old coins at the end of each month. Went do we start Joe. ThinkYes
Well if option 1meant that I was guaranteed to not find the real good stuff then option 2 would be obvious. Without a chance of awesome finds, what's the point? Option 1 would just get boring.
If a genie granted me one wish permanent for life it would be that when I when to pay for something the money would be there to cover each purchase I made. Then I could go out and detect everyday finding whatever I could.
definitely option 2. Throw some relics in there!
I probably have to take option 2.
Gotta say, I am surprised by these answers. Yes, we all want to find the best stuff possible, however, you guys could stay sane only hunting once a month?! Drunk

This is fascinating! I want to hear more opinions Yes

Joe
If this Genie can grant any wish possible then I'm going with hunting everyday while it being a grab bag of finds (coins,relics, buttons, tokens, jewelry). Every spot I hunt will be virgin ground with anything ranging from 1700s up to 1964, lol.

I know you gave us options, but this is a magic genie we are talking about here ;P
I'd go for the first one.
(01-22-2015 11:18 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta say, I am surprised by these answers. Yes, we all want to find the best stuff possible, however, you guys could stay sane only hunting once a month?! Drunk

This is fascinating! I want to hear more opinions Yes

Joe

Now that I have pondered these choices a little further. I would tell the genie where to stick it, because both options suck. I'd rather just keep it the way it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's