Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Some relics from recent(ish) hunts....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey All,

Finally getting out to detect more. Thought I'd post some of my favorite most recent finds. I just love finding anything that has a story,is old, and beautiful /and or interesting.

As always thanks for looking and HH!
-M

[attachment=5063]
1893 Chicago World's fair badge pin (found in a house demo)

[attachment=5064]
This round object is an advertisemnet maze toy (still has little bead under the glass) given away by a shoe company called Kast's...they went bust in the great fire of 1906 so its at least that old... http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ance...fbkast.htm

[attachment=5065]
Stamped "Sterling" (park hunt)

[attachment=5066]
Buttons all from a nearby city dump. I tumbled them for 24 hours...They were pure black and crusty before.

[attachment=5067]
Late 1800, German sulphide marble with cat inside...Apparently they are pretty rare.Some good info on em:  http://www.fohbc.org/2012/05/sulphide-ma...l-marbles/
(eyeball find at a garage demo)

[attachment=5068]
Magnesia stopper...patent date on it says feb 7 1888  (eyeball find in my local park - half sticking out of the ground)
Wow those are some neat finds, Love the badge!!!!
Nice relics. Really like anniversary pin.
Damn dude,youve been finding some great relics!The marble is friggin killer!I have a drawer full of beningtons and other old marbles...but never seen one like that! Glad to see ya back! Ray

Btw...like that avatar? Bay area thrash! lol
Love all of it Micah! Favorites are the SF police button, the stopper and the marble. You've had so many great finds posted here. I hope your move to that old Isle is a good one and you don't forget us. I'm sure you will do well over there. Have a great 2015 while you're still with us here!

Ed
Dude, those are some sweet finds!!

The Badge thingy, SF Police Button and Marble are awesome!!
(01-23-2015 04:41 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, those are some sweet finds!!

The Badge thingy, SF Police Button and Marble are awesome!!

Ditto!

That marble is killer and worth a few bucks too ;-)
Awesome finds! Sweet buttonsYes
Wow man you got some really great finds there.
That badge would make my YEAR!!! Exquisite finds, Micah!!!!! Love it all, especially those buttons Yes Don't hold out on us anymore, post it as soon as you find it!

P.S. - Can I tag along with Ron to see you in England? First round is on me!

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's