Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bomb Storm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thought those of us in the Northeast were going to glide through this winter with ease. I was detecting till last weekend. First sizable snowstorm today brought about 5", and Tuesay we look to be getting what's called a "bomb storm". It's a storm that strengthens offshore due to a quick drop in barometric pressure. Blizzard conditions with maybe 12"+ of white stuff Sad

http://www.weather.com/storms/severe/vid...ather-bomb

Joe
Let's see.... "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...."

or

"The weather outside is frightful, while the fire inside's delightful..."

Man the plows!!!!!

Ed
(01-24-2015 08:04 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see.... "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...."

or

"The weather outside is frightful, while the fire inside's delightful..."

Man the plows!!!!!

Ed

This has been a PUNY winter, so far. I was detecting up till last weekend, almost the end of January, which is certainly not the norm. Thought we were going to escape any major hits. NOT! If this storm lines up right, could be a monster, with 18"+ easily achievable, which I kinda, sorta like. If it's gonna snow, I want it to SNOW, lol. Once it's more than 6", we're all stuck indoors & out of commission anyways, so a blizzard just makes things more fun Happy

I corrected the link in my original post, as I didn't include the right one.

Joe
Thanks for the good news. We better get the huskies in shape.
Sounds like you have all become Weather Induced Mopey Persons.
(01-24-2015 09:14 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have all become Weather Induced Mopey Persons.

Yep Big Grin

Joe
I'm fine. Winter is just another fact of life. As long as I can go outside without my skin hurting it's cool.
(01-24-2015 07:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Thought those of us in the Northeast were going to glide through this winter with ease. I was detecting till last weekend. First sizable snowstorm today brought about 5", and Tuesay we look to be getting what's called a "bomb storm". It's a storm that strengthens offshore due to a quick drop in barometric pressure. Blizzard conditions with maybe 12"+ of white stuff Sad

Joe

Hey Joe,
What say we break out the Sambuca and Italian coffee and just sit around the
campfire? Let is snow,let it snow,let it snow!!
RJYes
(01-25-2015 04:54 PM)CARDS4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2015 07:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Thought those of us in the Northeast were going to glide through this winter with ease. I was detecting till last weekend. First sizable snowstorm today brought about 5", and Tuesay we look to be getting what's called a "bomb storm". It's a storm that strengthens offshore due to a quick drop in barometric pressure. Blizzard conditions with maybe 12"+ of white stuff Sad

Joe

Hey Joe,
What say we break out the Sambuca and Italian coffee and just sit around the
campfire? Let is snow,let it snow,let it snow!!
RJYes

This one is going to be BAD. Blizzard warnings already issued from Monday morning till midnight on Tuesday. 2 FEET + is very possible! Enjoy this historic storm, but be safe Yes

Joe
Damn- I can relate!!

I had to mow the yard today!! Can you believe it!! Damn warm weather. I didn't have to mow until Mid Feb last year and I am already back at it!!

You lucky dogs probably won't even see grass until April or May!!

WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's