Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: BUSTED!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"Storm of the Century", my ass!!! They were predicting about 3 feet for us, here in the NY/NJ area. A crippling situation. Well, the storm itself stalled out practically a stone's throw away from our location. 60 miles to our west, people got 30"+! Amazing how sometimes even the smallest change in something can have such a huge (or not so huge) impact. We wound up with about 8". While the weather people looked MIGHTY foolish today, we dodged a major bullet Happy

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/01/2...twitter_fn

COME ON SPRING!!!

Joe
Glad it was "mild" for you. But 8" is still 8" too much in my opinion!! LOL
Good to hear. 8" is just a pain in the ass. 30" is a nightmare. But man did the upper East Coast get hammered!
We got 10 inches here in Hudson County, NJ between yesterday and today.
I for one am glad that they closed things down last night and did a great job plowing and salting. Today we can move around without worries.
In the past they would wait for the storm to be over to get er done but then we were on our own. This type of warning was a good thing even though it seems they got it wrong. Hopefully they learned after Super Storm Sandy
(01-27-2015 08:05 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]We got 10 inches here in Hudson County, NJ between yesterday and today.
I for one am glad that they closed things down last night and did a great job plowing and salting. Today we can move around without worries.
In the past they would wait for the storm to be over to get er done but then we were on our own. This type of warning was a good thing even though it seems they got it wrong. Hopefully they learned after Super Storm Sandy

I'm right over the border in Bergen. Where are you in Hudson?

Yes, it was a BITCH just digging my car out with 8", I couldn't even comprehend 30"+!!! We got about 26" back in 2010 or 2011, if I recall, which was pretty much the bullseye. We got a lot of bad storms that year, and there was literally NOWHERE to put all the snow. It was piled up 15 & 20' high on the sidewalks. Parking was a NIGHTMARE. Glad we escaped this one Yes

Joe
Well joe glad you only got 8 inches I think we have only had that much all winter so far. Good thing as my plow truck doesn't run right now. The only difference is we get all this cold air and you guys over on the east coast will probley be in the 50s in a week. So enjoy it
Glad to hear you only got 8''instead of the blizzard they called for. 8'' here would shut almost everything down till thing got cleared off the roads a bit.
3drops of rain hit my windshield this morning!
(01-27-2015 09:38 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]3drops of rain hit my windshield this morning!

Wait until it's 119 in the shade by you in the summer, and you need a jackhammer to dig a 3" memorial. I'm gonna rub it in REAL good! Chuckle
thats when Im in a cool mountain stream,sniping for gold. Get rid of the commie ass,pussy liberal dipdhits...and California would be Nirvana
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's