Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: back from the high country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
Just got back from a prospecting trip with some buddies. This time I used a detector, so I don't feel guilty about posting,;)HHere's where we where camped
[attachment=440] .first night I was awoken to a rifle shot...to scare a bear. Heres the spot we hit the first day
[attachment=441] I found some smaller pieces in cracks using the gb pro. Next day hit another part of the same canyon. On the hike in, I split off from the guys and hiked down a small dry creek bed. I detected on the way down using a TDI this time. Its a rough hike, several 10-15ft waterfalls, and very snakey area. There was hardly any trash, so things where smooth and quite, then bam! Loud signal, and right on top was a nice little flat nugget.  I kept hiking down, and came upon this
[attachment=442] holy crap. I didn't want to go back, but I wasn't too happy to go down this 35 ft waterfall either. Well obviously I made it, but there was a pucker factor. Heres my final gold...not much
[attachment=443] but the adventure is really the treasure. One of the guys thinks he found a meteorite at a nearby hydralic pit. Its screams, is very magnetic and he says it looks burnt on one side, when viewed under a scope. Watcha think Mark??
[attachment=444]. Honestly, that's not deer poop! Thanks for looking. Ray
Heck, even if it IS deer poop, there's a market for almost ANYTHING online, nowadays Tongue

Wow, hunting for gold seems like a blast! You Cali guys are lucky you get to switch it up and hunt for the yellow, aside from the usual coins and stuff. From reading your posts though, Ray, hunting for gold ISN'T for the weaklings...ya hear that, Beeman?! Mooning Lol.

Gold, beautiful scenery, adventure, laughs, hangin with buddies...I'd say you had a good time. Way to go on the yellow, Ray!!! Beer

Joe
Haha, your bad Joe!!
Curious, Ray...

Do you hunt in all metal when detecting for the nuggets? Do you pretty much dig everything, or, just the low tones, which is where the gold would be?

Joe
Looks like a great adventure Ray!!

Glad you made it back in one piece!!

Thanks for sharing and what a beautiful spot!!
Mark, it is highly magnetic.  Not sure if for sale, dude was pretty stoked. I'm sure you guys know some of these guys, one is Mike Bowers.
Nice gold hunt. Looks like a real adventure.
Reference URL's