Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Fugitive Treasure Hunter Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted a story about this guy some time ago. Well, they finally got him.

http://goo.gl/qjRv16

Joe
That sucks for him.
When you are a wanted man it's just a matter of time before you get caught. Hope for his sake this all gets worked out.
I remember that post. Guess he ran out on investors or he mismanaged it so much that there was nothing left for him and took off with the goods. Be interesting to see how this resolves. Hope he wasn't waiting for a big upward shift in the gold price.
Thanks for the follow up.
Wow! I loved that story about the ship and the coins being recovered but never knew that the investors weren't paid out. Amazing, very impressive recovery but I guess the allure of gold got the better of him. Sad ending indeed. 
Thanks for the update
Sometimes the best places to hide are in plain sight. Guy has been living in the same hotel suite in Boca Raton with his girlfriend, for the past two years. Either he wasn't concerned about being apprehended, or he was cocky enough to think they'd never find him. Someone TRULY on the lam keeps on the move. Never stays in one place long. Doesn't add up. Also...

Does anyone REALLY think all the money is gone? Ha. A suite at a Hilton has got to go for at least $300 a night. $2,100 a week. Over $100,000 per year. And he's been in the same spot for 2 years. Believe me...

There's surely some money buried somewhere, or stashed in a account overseas Wink

Joe
Joe, that makes for a good modern day treasure story. Got to be hard money buried behind that hotel! Not far from his living space, so he can grab it quick.
I think Joe is right and if he gets any jail time he will have a nice retirement stash waiting so he can  pick up where he left off... Unless he was stupid enough to tell his girlfriend where he hid the loot. Doh
Reference URL's