Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Saying Hi to some like minded folks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Name is Nicholas I'm a 53 year old treasure hunter in the great northwest.  I specialize in river digging old swimming holes, ferry crossings as well as riverside docks from old resorts/retreats/hotels.  Research is the key to my fun and I have amassed an impressive library of local history focusing on river life in Oregon and Washington.

The rivers are high right now because of the rain, been raining here daily since 1934 Sad, this gives me time to research and I have 30+ promising sites to hunt this year.

I have had some great finds which has kept my better half's enthusiasm up when I commandeered her garage space to build a relic dredge.

To keep this sport interesting and challenging takes little more than a touch of treasure in the basket to motivate yourself to find better places learn stronger hunting techniques and look at the world around you as it was 100 or more years ago to go where they were.

If your ever in Portland Oregon on a summers day look me up and we will get wet together
Hi, Nicholas, welcome aboard! That's some dredge, did you build it yourself? Enjoy yourself here, and we look forward to seeing your finds Happy

Joe
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio Riverdigger! Looks like you've taken the river thing to the limits! Will be really looking forward to seeing what you find. I do the rivers here in the hot summer months when the water is low. But I just snorkel and wade and check the rock cracks at swimming holes. I've done fairly well with a white gold ring, an old token and a ton of clad and fishing weights. Welcome aboard!

Ed
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the dredge!! I had one or two in the past until the Greenies in CA banned dredging. Hopefully it will be back real soon!!
Hi Nicholas,and welcome from Northern NJ!
RJ Yes
Welcome Nicholas to the forum. Nice looking equipment you have.
Welcome to the forum Nick. That's an interesting piece of equipment.
Welcome to the forum. That's a form of treasure hunting that's very interesting.
Here's some more pics of my dredge
I am having trouble uploading a video. I will figure it out soon

I am making a raft to extend the float capability as I like to carry my scuba equipment as well I will post these when I finish it next week if you would like to see what my girl calls my mistressHappy
Man, that is awesome. Helps to remind everybody too, that there's more ways than just metal detecting to find treasure. I can't wait to see your finds and some video. This is gonna be sweet Yes

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's