Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First years booty with my dredge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my "clean out" of my 2 inch relic dredge from the Columbia and Willamette Rivers in 2014
Holy sh$t!  That's taking treasure hunting to a totally different level!
I am impressed!  Great job!
That's the way to do it!! Nice dredging!! Congrats on the Morgan and Walking Liberty, heck, all of it! Do you use an underwater pinpointer or any of the underwater machines like the Garrett AT?

Ed
WOW!!!! That's incredible! What a haul....never saw dredging like that!!!
Nice haul!!
Terrific finds and a great idea. Best of luck in 2015!
That is simply AMAZING!!! You score two thumbs up for thinking "outside the box" Yes Yes Over what span of time were all of those coins found with the dredge? What does a typical day/hunt normally yield, in terms of finds?

Joe
I use a garret AT pro and it's been good for me.  I am looking at a dedicated deep water machine right now so I am not limited to 10 feet.  I use my garret pin pointer on the beaches but even tho I have sealed it quite well I find it is difficult underwater to use with the cold water gloves and bulky gear to keep keep setting down the metal detector.  My sand scoop does a great job of locating the targets.

(01-29-2015 02:16 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That is simply AMAZING!!! You score two thumbs up for thinking "outside the box" :yes: :yes: Over what span of time were all of those coins found with the dredge? What does a typical day/hunt normally yield, in terms of finds?

Joe

In Oregon you are limited to certain times and places to dredge during the year because of the salmon habitat.  A typical 4-5 hour dredging nets me a bunch of bottle caps from the "earth pigs" several dozen lead weights and about 30 targets that are keepers from old silver coins to clad.  My issues in several of the places I hunt is that the sand can be pretty thick and moves in an out sometimes up to 10 feet thick forming sandbars and then they just disappear as quickly.  My challenge is to hunt those areas when the sand is on the wain, but again with the laws concerning the dredging here it can be difficult to time it right.  Does anyone have a plan for a "mailbox" attachment that can move deep sand in 15-25 feet of water that I can make for a small boat?
Super nice . Have you ever filmed any of your hunts, it would be interesting to see the operation in full swing.
That's a great pile of booty. I have no idea how your system works, but apparently it does work.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's