Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Garret propointer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got mine in today. I have been using the one that came with my bounty Hunter. Its like moving from a Ford Pinto to a Cadilac I love it. It makes a huge difference inside the hole finding wich side of it to explore.
I sure like mine also. Good Luck and many finds
Aside from my metal detector, the two tools I CANNOT live without are my Garrett Pinpointer & my Predator digger. The Garrett's can be finicky at times (normally means you simply need new batts or the cap needs to be screwed on tighter), but it will last you a loooooong time (unless you lose it in the woods, like me, lol) & will SIGNIFIGANTLY cut down on your retrieval time Yes

Joe
Yeah it's way better than the BH. Make sure you register the warranty!
Yes I love my Garrett pro pointer and cannot wait for the Garrett AT pointer as I will take mine under water.
I do have a detector pro pocket uniprobe works most of the time but its getting up there in years. I keep that around for the really deep stuff
(02-05-2015 08:01 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from my metal detector, the two tools I CANNOT live without are my Garrett Pinpointer & my Predator digger. The Garrett's can be finicky at times (normally means you simply need new batts or the cap needs to be screwed on tighter), but it will last you a loooooong time (unless you lose it in the woods, like me, lol) & will SIGNIFIGANTLY cut down on your retrieval time Yes

Joe

It sucks to need a pinpointer to find your pinpointer. another good reason for fluorescent paint
(02-07-2015 10:52 PM)gcsod45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2015 08:01 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from my metal detector, the two tools I CANNOT live without are my Garrett Pinpointer & my Predator digger. The Garrett's can be finicky at times (normally means you simply need new batts or the cap needs to be screwed on tighter), but it will last you a loooooong time (unless you lose it in the woods, like me, lol) & will SIGNIFIGANTLY cut down on your retrieval time Yes

Joe

It sucks to need a pinpointer to find your pinpointer. another good reason for fluorescent paint

No stuff!!!! I use a sling bag and toss my pinpointer in with the trowel and related. One day last Fall, at the end of a long hunt in the woods, I was working my way back to the truck and happened upon a good signal. Dug a plug, reached for my pinpointer and it wasn't there. Had to walk back to a wooded area I had dug the last good signal at about 800 feet away and there it was beeping away in the leaves. So I love my Garrett!

I'm really interested in that new one they have now too. Waterproof and the bells and whistles are making me drool.

Ed
(02-07-2015 11:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]No stuff!!!!  I use a sling bag and toss my pinpointer in with the trowel and related. One day last Fall, at the end of a long hunt in the woods, I was working my way back to the truck and happened upon a good signal. Dug a plug, reached for my pinpointer and it wasn't there. Had to walk back to a wooded area I had dug the last good signal at about 800 feet away and there it was beeping away in the leaves. So I love my Garrett!

I'm really interested in that new one they have now too. Waterproof and the bells and whistles are making me drool.

Ed
I hear you Ed and have done that many times before I got the covers for the pinpointers with the bright colors I can see them a long ways away.
(02-08-2015 07:46 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2015 11:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]No stuff!!!!  I use a sling bag and toss my pinpointer in with the trowel and related. One day last Fall, at the end of a long hunt in the woods, I was working my way back to the truck and happened upon a good signal. Dug a plug, reached for my pinpointer and it wasn't there. Had to walk back to a wooded area I had dug the last good signal at about 800 feet away and there it was beeping away in the leaves. So I love my Garrett!

Ed
I hear you Ed and have done that many times before I got the covers for the pinpointers with the bright colors I can see them a long ways away.

Steve, that cover is EXCELLENT!!! Only thing that's going to take some getting used to is, being tethered to something...and I'm not talking about my old lady! Lol. It was a bit cumbersome at first, do to the lanyard, as I was afraid of stretching it too far, etc., but after a few attempts it was a breeze. For me, where it really holds it's value is in the woods, as it would be almost impossible to lose Yes

Joe
Yea I hear you Joe I don't know if I could be attached to my pin pointer
Atleast if you get tired of the lanyard you can take it off, I don't even like headphones in the brush. That's one reason I use the ctx 3030
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's