Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1969 INDY CAR ;-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another one from the personal collection of original Redline Hot Wheels

Happy

[Image: htwindy_zpsd8df4eab.jpg]
Nice!!

Looks like one fast pickle!! Happy
Sweet!!!!!
Wayne, do you buy these, as a collector, for fun & investment, or, are these toys you still have from when you were a kid?

Joe
Joe

I do have a few of my own original Redlines from when I was a kid (they were stored at my G-ma's house and I obtained them after she passed on nearly 20 yrs ago) but yes - I do buy/collect these as investment/for fun too Big Grin

I was born in 1963 so in 1968 when they were 1st released - I was 5 yrs old and received them for the next 5 or so yrs at Xmas, on B/days, etc. etc. They were the xxxx back in that day (and there's been nothing like them since)... Some of the Redlines on original blister packs with the little collector wheel thing and in MINT cond. can sell for as much as $5000.00 ea.

There were sixteen castings released in 1968, eleven of them designed by Harry Bentley Bradley. The first one produced was a dark blue Custom Camaro. Bradley was from the car industry and had designed the body for the (full-sized) Dodge Deora concept car and the Custom Fleetside, (based on his own customized 1968 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside).

Cars released in 1968

Custom Barracuda
Custom Camaro
Custom Corvette
Custom Eldorado
Custom Firebird
Custom Fleetside
Custom Mustang
Custom T-Bird
Custom Cougar
Custom Volkswagen (designed by Ira Gilford)
Deora (based upon a real custom surf-truck designed by Harry Bentley Bradley for Dodge)
Ford J-Car (based on the real race car that became the Ford GT40 Mk IV)
Hot Heap (based upon the Model T roadster known as "Tognotti's T")
Python (originally called the "Cheetah" - based on Bill Cushenberry's "Dream Rod")
Silhouette (based upon Bill Cushenbery's custom car)
Beatnik Bandit (based upon Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's custom show car)

Of the first 16 cars (sometimes called the "Sweet 16" by collectors), 10 were based upon customized versions of regular production automobiles of the era, and 6 were based upon real show cars and cars designed and built for track racing. All of the cars featured Spectraflame paintwork, bearings, redline wheels, and working suspension.

Yes
Holy crap! You NEED to speak with Leo A., as he is HEAVY into collecting!!! He knows all about the blister packs & all that other lingo you guys use, lol. He is BIG into ebay. Star Wars stuff, license plates & lots of other stuff. You should PM him, Wayne Wink

Joe
Nice car!
we Hunt for Treasure. The truth is all the stuff we grew up with and wasted is worth a mibt thwse days. I remember some of the Furniture my Grand Mother had I would love to Have.

Realy cool Car. I Like Hot Wheels myself.

Realy cool Car. I Like Hot Wheels myself.
Wow, reminds me of my childhood and I love Hotwheels!
Reference URL's