Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: new member from ohio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just joined your wonderfull site today, I am located close to lima ohio and have never detected anywhere but in my own yard and about a quarter mile away where I found a old homesite on an old map of my area. Have not found anything good yet except new coins, nothing older than me. I wish I could find a buddy in my area to detect with because my husband is not interested, but I'm sure he will be if I start finding some good things. If anyone is close and wouldn't mind having a rookie tag along please let me know.
Welcome newdigger. I'm from down in Florida.
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio (Cleveland)! I'm sure your finds will start to pick up after you get out more. I hear of fellas here in Ohio that detect but you're the first from the Lima area. Maybe there is someone near there that is watching our forum and will speak up! What kind of machine are you using?

Ed
Welcome to the hobby and the forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We have some good experience to share.
Welcome! Your yard is a great place to start, and it's how most of us began in this hobby. If you want to venture out more, the beach or volleyball courts are excellent, as they offer easy digging while you learn your technique, while at the same time, the chance to find coins & jewelry Happy

Don't be afraid to ask questions, as that's how you're going to learn.

Joe
I am using a fisher f2 . I bought it for myself for christmas 2 years ago, I bought from kellyco and a pinpointer and extra coil came with it. I Also had a bounty hunter that I bought at the pawn shop but I did not like it so I got rid of it.  I have not found any silver or gold yet with my detector, I have better luck spotting surface finds, like 2 weeks ago I was at a rather old little grocery store in town looked down and saw a quarter laying on the floor at the corner of the coveyor belt at the checkout, I thought it looked a liitle different, so I picked it up and put it in my pocket and when I got home I looked at it and said holy sh_t it's a 1944 it's silver!
The F2 is a pretty good machine. Congrats on the quarter! Yes Do you have any city parks in Lima? They would also be a good place to start searching if MD'ing is allowed. I know that the city parks here in Cleveland allow detecting and I've hit a few of them. They have been pounded pretty good but as the saying goes, "The parks are never really hunted out.". So maybe you should make a plan to go hit some of them as well. I'm pretty lucky in that we have the Metroparks here and detecting is allowed with a free permit. So I can go right down the road to them or make a little longer trip into the city and go hit them too. I've only been at this Metal Detecting for four full seasons and this year will be my fifth. I've found that with practice and research of the areas I hunt I've done pretty well. And so will you.

Ed
I've used the F2. It is a pretty good detector. My advice if you want to find some deeper coinage where silver is more likely to be. Turn your discrimination all the way down. Set the sensitivity as high as you can and still run smooth. Dig iffy signals. Don't expect a deeper coin to hit with a solid ID. If it bounces around in the zinc up to quarter range dig it everytime. If it bounces all over from way low to way high it's probably junk, but if it bounces in a smaller range it could be good. How old is your house?
Welcome aboard Newdigger. This is a great site.
Hi newdigger,and welcome from Northern New Jersey!
RJ Hi
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's