Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Whats your most disappointing find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was detecting an old school in Arizona. I got a good solid signal. I cut a plug since it was in grass. Pulled the plug out and I could see gold in the bottom of the hole. I called my buddy over and we were both excited. Looking in the hole we could see a eagle and the word Twenty D. under the eagle. Heart was really pumping. I pulled it out of the ground and on the front it said Readers Digest. Thought I was going to have a heart attack.
Sheesh. Would about had a heart attack myself. Good story! For me it was a mason jar lid that had a hard signal under it when I had already pulled it out. It turned out to be a big ball of foil about the size of a tennis ball. Apparently just trash buried at a campsite but it had me going for about five minutes.

Ed
(02-08-2015 10:47 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Sheesh. Would about had a heart attack myself. Good story! For me it was a mason jar lid that had a hard signal under it when I had already pulled it out. It turned out to be a big ball of foil about the size of a tennis ball. Apparently just trash buried at a campsite but it had me going for about five minutes.

Ed

I think I remember that, Ed. What always seems to get me are...

Either those damn play tokens, which look awfully real in the ground, or, sometimes a bottle cap or pull tab on edge/partially hidden which will give me goosebumps.

Joe
Many times digging deep cans, can tops, and the dreaded screwcaps. Especially when you dig down about ten inches and see a shiny edge. Happens all the time.
I have to agree on the tokens and the deep screw caps...... but wow that mason jar lid would be a killer also.
great stories. I will have to give that some thought!!

We get a lot of "bloopers" when we film. Especially those damn rivets. They hit like coins on the CTX and in our old sites that means seated!!

"Beep !! another Gosh Beep, beeepin' rivet!! LOL
That would have to be a 1861 seated dollar that turned out to be counterfeit.
Another wanna cry moment as I call them.
Had a big signal one time and saw an old can in the hole. Pulled it out and shook it and was hearing what sounded like coins rattling around...I'm thinking OH Yeah Baby, This is my Lucky Day...   turned out to be washers Sad.
(02-09-2015 02:45 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]That would have to be a 1861 seated dollar that turned out to be counterfeit.

That was a bad ass find even though it was counterfeit!! Very Cool!!
(02-09-2015 04:19 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2015 02:45 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]That would have to be a 1861 seated dollar that turned out to be counterfeit.

That was a bad ass find even though it was counterfeit!! Very Cool!!
Yes it's good find just a let down to be fake.
[Image: th_EE0C2EBA_zps5dcbd175.jpg] [Image: th_8432EFBC_zps3a717886.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's