Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hi from Calgary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my name is Dan.

Got into Metal Detecting last year when I got a Garrett ACE 150.

We also Gold Pan both on our own and in competitions so we use the MD quite a bit with both of those hobbies as all of the Gold Panning competitions around here have MD competitions as well.  I do alright in them, but my kids cleaned up at one last year (bunch of bars of copper they were giving out as prizes).  I'd like to upgrade to the 350 or EuroACE (as its called in Canada) sometime this year and let the kids use the 150.

My best kind was with my 6 yr old son who was bugging me to go out in the backyard and use the detector last March.  The ground was still frozen so I was only doing it halfheartedly.  He got out there and pointed to a spot, said "try there" and we ended up digging up a Silver Spoon Ring!  I couldn't figure out how he did that?

Anyhow, enough about me.
Happy to be here and part of this community.

P.S I also do Leatherwork on a part time basis.  If anyone is interested in making a holster for something (Trowel, Pin Pointer) and doesn't know how, I can advise.

Best Regards,

Dan
Hi, Dan! I'm actually glad you're a part of our family now, as NONE of us in cold weather states no longer have anything to complain about, as it's nothing compared to up your way! Lol. My son is 5, and unfortunately, he hasn't taken to the hobby yet, like your son. Sounds like your boy has a 6th sense Yes

Why don't you put up a tutorial on a leatherwork pouch or probe case for our members?! I'll even make it a stickie so it stays permanently up on top Wink

Enjoy your new home Yes Beer

Joe
Welcome to Forum, waving from Central Okla
Thanks Guys!  Making me feel welcome already.
I'll get a video on making a holster soon.

Dan
Hello and welcome to the forum Dan from NE Ohio! I thought I had it bad with the weather but I think you got me beat. Newbie or not you'll have a good time here. Lot's of guys with a pile of experience and willing to help. HH and good luck this season!

Ed
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the community as Joe would say. There are a bunch of great folks here so I know you will enjoy the company, I love to see you include your son in you metal detecting activities. It is good for you, your son, and our hobby, I can't complain about the cold down here in Florida because the guy's would laugh me out of the room.

Welcome!!!!!!!!
Welcome from NC!
Hello Dan,and welcome from Northern New Jersey!
RJ Hi
Welcome to the forum from sunny Pennsylvania.
Hey Dan,

Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like your son had the knack for the hobby!!
Reference URL's