Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Where to hunt for silver coins in Jersey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was born and raised in South Jersey and lived in the town of Stratford from age 5-22.  I had saved a pile of silver quarters by age 10 and was told by my dad to save them as they may be valuable one day.  The Mr Softee Ice Cream truck came by the house everyday during the summer and the cost of a cone was 25 cents.  Everyday as kids we would run to the ice cream truck losing many silver quarters and dimes in the strip of grass between the street and side walk.  My pile of silver quarters went to either the ice cream or were dropped over time along with many from my friends.  

One of my friends was a paper carrier for the Courier Post which was 15 cents a week (1 silver dime and nickel)  many coins were lost by him in the front yards of homes.  

If I lived or was near any older subdivision in Jersey, I would be hunting that small strip of grass for silver, I wager it would be very productive!
It sure would be!
Check out http://www.historicaerials.com/ for some good intel on old places in your area.
Those are good areas to hunt. I've known some guys that have had some good luck with them but I haven't done well with them myself.
Reference URL's