Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New detector buying tips.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been looking at new detectors around the 1000-1500 range. It would be for coinshooting old homesites, occasional beach combing and working farm fields. Any tips on a detector? I know popular choices would be the:
1. E-Trac
2. XP Deus
3. Fisher F75

Would these work on the beach? Any other suggestions for a detector around there?
Thanks,
Jonal
IMO your #1 pick is the best choice as the Etrac can handle all of the requirements you list. And if you're not real shy about owning a used one, they pop up every now and then on Treasure Classifieds. I bought an Explorer SE Pro here with four coils, all in real good shape, for $850 and am happy as a pig with it. And yes I'm biased toward Minelab so take that into consideration. Lotta fellas like the XP Deus and I can say it interests me as well. Only thing that makes me shy from it is the battery recharging, as all the batteries are encased in each part of the individual component and you have to make sure they are all charged "All the Time" instead of having the option of slapping another battery pack in. I can go 16 to 18 hours on a single charge of Eneloop batteries and carry a spare pack in the truck. I'm never down because of batteries.

JMHO

Ed
Thanks ODF, I thought the E-trac would be the recommended!
Reference URL's