Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stunning photograph. 5,300 year old skeletons embraced!!! One of the most jaw http://goo.gl/NQlKeBdropping things I've ever seen before.

Joe
Unusual find. I think they found a bunch of specimens similar to that at the Pompeii/Vesuvius digs in Italy a ways back where they are encased in volcanic ash. What amazed me about the photo is the age of the discovery. That's a long time to be in such good condition. They should learn a lot about the period.
(02-14-2015 06:58 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Unusual find. I think they found a bunch of specimens similar to that at the Pompeii/Vesuvius digs in Italy a ways back where they are encased in volcanic ash. What amazed me about the photo is the age of the discovery. That's a long time to be in such good condition. They should learn a lot about the period.

Soooo many questions: How did they perish? Were they lovers, family? What was life like back then?

It is asounding how we each live long, full lives...or, do we really???

Let's say the average life span is now 75 years. In the grand scheme of our planet, of our universe, that is akin to 1% of a single grain of sand on ten million beaches when it comes to the history of time. Indeed...

Our journey on this spinning sphere floating around in space is but a nanosecond.

Joe
Like sands through the hourglass. All we are is dust in the wind Dude.
I spent about five minutes just staring at that photo. You know we have the technology today to reconstruct those two completely. I'm no Doctor but all of the bones look like they are there, and haven't been drug off by vermin or predators. So each of those skeletons can be reconstructed in their entirety. Then, once scanned into a 3D matrix, can be reproduced or copied with a 3D printer, part by part. Then the copy can be given to a forensic modeler and she can put a face on each of the skulls and we can see what they really looked like 5300 years ago. I think this is fascinating stuff. I'm also interested to see whether their genes are familial or different. Science is getting to be a real kick now a days. I think we're real lucky to be living in this age. God, I wish I had passed all my math courses easily cause I would have loved to have done stuff like this.
Cool story!
Reference URL's