Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What's Ur Favorite Coil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mine is the 11"Pro Coil first off because it's light, very sensitive and I can target with it accurately. Then comes the 8X6 SEF, which I use to go over an area. I like it in the woods more than in playing fields or picnic areas. Then the 12X10 SEF which is my second option to the 11" for the playing fields and picnic areas. Covers a lot of ground accurately. Although I have used it in the woods it's difficult to maneuver.

What's your favorite coil?
The small ones. On the T2 it's the amazing little 5" DD. On the TDI It's the little 5x9" Razorback Miner John folded coil. I love the seperation abilities and the pinpoint accuracy. These coils still get great depth for there size too.
I love the stock coil on my Safari. It is DAMN good. I pretty much use it exclusively. It gives me the best of both worlds: depth and good separation. I will be going over a lot of my best spots though this year utilizing a larger coil, to see what I come up with.

Joe
To me it really depends because if I am hunting a large farm field or ball field, I prefer the larger the better. Anything else? Smaller is better.
I prefer a larger coil except when in a trashy area.
Talking etrac here but a FBS nontheless---15" WOT in open fields always deserves a try even if it means you have to try a swing aid to use it. Sensitive and deep. While the Procoil is a champ , I've really become partial to an elliptical DD like the NEL 4.5 x 9.5--you don't give up much coverage and the separation is uncanny. The terrific selection of coils for the Explorer line are what make it such an attractive all around detector.
(02-15-2015 11:34 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Talking etrac here but a FBS nontheless---15" WOT in open fields always deserves a try even if it means you have to try a swing aid to use it. Sensitive and deep. While the Procoil is a champ , I've really become partial to an elliptical DD like the NEL 4.5 x 9.5--you don't give up much coverage and the separation is uncanny. The terrific selection of coils for the Explorer line are what make it such an attractive all around detector.

I'd say my statistics based on memory of use would put my 11" Pro at 40%, the 8X6 SEF at 40% and the 12X10 SEF at 20%. I think it's because I really don't do fields or picnic areas as much any more so the 12X10 gets less use. That may change in the future as I'm going to try some fields this year looking primarily for gold. And that 12" coil can cover ground accurately. So we'll see. I've got that 13" ultimate on the Delta but my kids got it and I may just get it back this season to double cover. I love that coil on the Delta.
I really like the stock coil that came with my V3i and used it all the time. The 13" coil on my MXT Pro was too heavy.
I used the stock small coil on my EXP II mostly. I have found really cool stuff with that one. Next is my second favorite 10 x 12 sef, great coil.
I haven't use the stock 11 inch minlab in a very long time.
I wanted to purchase a 15 inch WOT but for whatever reason I passed up a few used ones over the winter. 
Could be I don't get out as much as I would like too
On my CTX it is the stock coil. I have all 3 minelab coils and do want the Coiltek coil but the price holds me back. I think I am going to sell my 6in coil as I just don't use it. I think I have only used it 2 times.
On my At Pro the 5x8 is my favorite.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's