Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do You Hunt in Bad Neighborhoods?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone detects in bad neighborhoods? I do quite frequently, and many of my best finds actually came from areas of this sort. As a whole, I feel that other hunters are a bit more gun shy about swinging in these places, and they haven't been searches as often. Further...

It is very difficult to hone in on, and listen for the deeper/borderline iffy signals if one is busy looking over their shoulder every few minutes, so, others before me probably missed stuff, which adds another edge for me.

Joe
I do, but not very often. I've been to a lot of the city rec parks though and only ever had a problem at one. And they were nice about it. Just told me to go detect the other side of the park as they were, "Doin Biznuss"! So I obliged and that's where I found that huge bling Sterling cross.
Joe, I have on a limited basis. It's tough to find a detecting buddy to go. I am told by folks who lived there before - won't go back because it's not worth it. 
A few club members have gone back to some of those areas when they are under construction and have done well. At the time they went I knew about the construction but missed the oppertunity, had I known they were there I would have made a better effort.
I have but with friends.
(02-15-2015 08:01 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Joe, I have on a limited basis. It's tough to find a detecting buddy to go. I am told by folks who lived there before - won't go back because it's not worth it. 
A few club members have gone back to some of those areas when they are under construction and have done well. At the time they went I knew about the construction but missed the oppertunity, had I known they were there I would have made a better effort.

Why don't you huddle up with Bob, or someone else from your club?

Joe
I do so only with another hunter and not very often. I tell you a story in a different thread you will enjoy
Joe, that is a great idea, i'll have to talk with Bob at the next meeting and see what he thinks. Although I know he has a hunting buddy. He is a great guy as well as Bob
Reference URL's