Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: City Workers Find Cache!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amazing. There has to be MANY of these types of caches all over the US. I remember a few years ago, some fella on another forum was out in the woods looking for mushrooms one day, and he stumbled upon a BIG cache. He wound up selling it for about 6 figures, but there were many who doubted his story. He even wound up posting a photo of the new vette he bought with the loot. Does anyone remember this? I believe it might of been on Tnet.

http://goo.gl/Etqbsz

Joe
Ha! That's that horde those demo workers found that we talked about in the Spring. Holy crap! 30#'s!!!! What a find it was!
That is amazing!!! Paul H found a stash up in Georgia last year for I fella that was loosing his memory. He and the guy's lawyer found 4 five gallon buckets full of silver coins. The top couple of inches of each bucket was filled with pea gravel. Hard to believe that kind of stuff is still around.
(02-15-2015 10:38 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]That is amazing!!! Paul H found a stash up in Georgia last year for I fella that was loosing his memory. He and the guy's lawyer found 4 five gallon buckets full of silver coins. The top couple of inches of each bucket was filled with pea gravel. Hard to believe that kind of stuff is still around.

Holy crap!! That's well over 30#! Did they get any pics? That's a couple of coin stores in one cache!
Cool find for sure!

Not extremely valuable IF there's nothing rare/key in the mix but still a good score if you could do the same!

$1000 face value basically

Xs roughly 12.5 xs face = about $12,500 in melt/scrap value +\- a couple bucks either way
Cool find!
(02-15-2015 10:44 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2015 10:38 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]That is amazing!!! Paul H found a stash up in Georgia last year for I fella that was loosing his memory. He and the guy's lawyer found 4 five gallon buckets full of silver coins. The top couple of inches of each bucket was filled with pea gravel. Hard to believe that kind of stuff is still around.

Holy crap!! That's well over 30#! Did they get any pics? That's a couple of coin stores in one cache!

I think Paul does have a few pic's. I don't want to steal his thunder so maybe his next time in he will see this post.
Reference URL's