Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I own a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver and now a Teknetics Omega 8000. My oldest coin is a 1827 large cent so far, but love finding old stuff and looking on the internet to find out what it is or how old.
Thank you for having me here.
Your welcome MD. And welcome to the forum from frozen NE Ohio! That Omega 8000 is a good machine. Feel free to look around and make yourself at home. Where abouts are you? Lot of very experienced guys here to help if you have questions and feel free to post new topics and any of your finds, new or old.

Welcome aboard!

Ed/ODF
Welcome to the group MD. We will enjoy hearing about your hunts Thanks for joining us.
Hi  Welcome aboard!
Welcome to the forum. Nice avatar.
Welcome aboard! I swung an Omega 8000 for a while, too!!! Lightest machine I ever picked up. It's a damn good unit, and if you learn it well, the finds will flow Yes Post a photo of that large cent Happy

Joe
I'm pretty new to these forms, but find them useful, but confusing some time. I live in the North East part of Pa close to NY and NJ is about 45 mins away. I mostly hang on facebook and do some youtube videos. I don't have any great videos yet but this spring should be better. I have what they call the Omega Pro. it came with the 10" and 11" coils. The only dislike is the EMI problem. Other then that it has been a good machine.
   I am an admin on Relic Hunting the USA on facebook.
  I was wondering with the Omega should I go bigger or smaller on the coil. I need some thing to go deeper then 7" because at 7" I get those iffy sounds and no id.
Welcome to the Forum!!
Nice coin! Have you been able to ID it?

That iffy signal is a problem we all face. I can't say whether a smaller coil will solve it. Coils such as the 10x5 can be helpful in trashy ground as they can be more selective of the target and the depth reach isn't significantly different. Usually an iffy signal with the 10 or 11" coil not reflecting a VID is something that is very, very small at 7" or something that is very large and much deeper that 7". Best thing to do in that case is dig it and find out what it is. I know with the Delta I've dug to China on some large targets that were iffy and turned out to be chunks of copper pipe, broken manhole covers, large car parts etc....

Ed/ODF
Hello Under Cover M. D. and welcome to teh forum. I am guessing that is Maryland? Or maybe not?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's