Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do any of you hunt with stock programs or modes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have never been a fan of them. Aside from when I started in this hobby years ago, I run in all metal exclusively nowadays, if I'm able. I would say I hunt in AM 95% of the time. Yet, for whatever reasons, some people like programs/modes. Maybe it's the icons on the screen, the thinking that because they're in "coin mode" they will find more coins, or something along those lines. I think if you're hunting in any discriminate mode, you're losing out on stuff. But...

I know people who just love the programs. And some do very well. Extremely well.

Is it a comfort factor? Is it the catchy mode names?

I'm asking out of honest inquisitiveness, as I always wonder this.

Joe
NO

I usually end up creating a program that fits my hunting style and then I have a turn on a go machine for most of my sites with only a couple tweaks to sensitivity and ground balance.
I no longer have any machines that are programmable but when I did I made custom programs for where I was hunting, I do everything manually now.
I never had a program machine. I like to setup mine to do what I want anyway. Which is usually wide open. So I don't think programs would be my thing.
I started with the stock program on my EXP II and thought it was the way to go. It does a great job and I probably could go back to it if my current program went hay wire. So, no I am not using it any longer.
My V3i was very programmable, but I only really use the stock settings anyway.
100% of the time I run a custom program on the CTX. When I first got it I could not find squat then Evan GHH sent me his and right out of the gate I started being able to determine what stuff was. First hunt with Evan's programs I reworked the same area as I tried the day before and found SILVER. I try others but his is my go to.
Most of the time I just use stock program even with my CTX 3030 I use the beach mode almost all the time with just the little iron disc at the bottom
But now this trip to England I am using the relic program beefed up with just a little iron reject
I will see if it makes any difference
No. I am constantly changing depending on the area and ground conditions.
Thanks to you Joe I now hunt mostly in all metal with my SE Pro. If it's very trashy, I'll use iron mask to cut out some of the noise. Gerry
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's