Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Amazing!!! I want this program!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out this program recently developed by a company. Can this be? Could you imagine the possibilities if we had access to a program like this?

No guarantee's of course. All based on algorithm's. Still, always nice to have an edge.

http://goo.gl/zyGCEW

Joe
Man that is something. Predictive software! WOW! I want it too!

Ed/ODF
Look at the flip side. Suppose the governments get their hands on this, and are able to decipher/pinpoint within a reasonable proximity of where treasure may be. Who's stopping them from placing a 'don't dig' ordinance on the sites?

Joe
(02-17-2015 08:42 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the flip side. Suppose the governments get their hands on this, and are able to decipher/pinpoint within a reasonable proximity of where treasure may be. Who's stopping them from placing a 'don't dig' ordinance on the sites?

Joe

Or digging it themselves. Don't forget, a lot of patents and ideas are banned from the public perusal for National Security. If this stuff they hype disappears, you know where it went.

Ed/ODF
Sounds like a bad idea for those who want to discover the past. If contractors won't dig because it is likely there are artifacts it will change the way things get built out and of course what's to say where they decide to dig has nothing in it base on an algorithem. If it is a cost to the contractor because there is a find, the government should pay for the losses. When they start setting aside ground because there might be historic data there we are in big trouble. We already are stopped from looking for history enough by all the protected areas. If they would team up with the detector community they would have way more history than they do today.
(02-17-2015 09:24 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a bad idea for those who want to discover the past. If contractors won't dig because it is likely there are artifacts it will change the way things get built out and of course what's to say where they decide to dig has nothing in it base on an algorithem. If it is a cost to the contractor because there is a find, the government should pay for the losses. When they start setting aside ground because there might be historic data there we are in big trouble. We already are stopped from looking for history enough by all the protected areas. If they would team up with the detector community they would have way more history than they do today.

That's another excellent perspective, Mike. Imagine a town trying to build a school, and are told no due to their being historic artifacts on the grounds...but they are wrong. As you say, an algorithm doesn't mean success every time. It simply puts the odds in your favor. I'm wondering what the numbers are (success rate) of this thing? I mean, things of this nature aren't just tossed out for public consumption. They are tested rigorously. Would love to know if indeed this program has predicted the whereabouts of any treasure land.

Joe
It would be cool to use, but everywhere is ancient ground, who knows, we might be living on extinct life form anyway.
Very interesting article and replies. Not only contractors would have reservagtions but large real estate developers would too.
I would like to be on the team that has to testr the software allowing me to detect some cool sites
Reference URL's