Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 6 Months of Clad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's a pic of the clad coin I've found since the end of June 2014. No pennies in this shot. The pile of copper pennies is as big.

Ed/ODF
That's a big ol' pile of clad, Ed! I have a great idea...

All TC members should save their clad for a year, cash it in, and we'll pool it together. We'll make out a check, and send it to Leo in Vegas, who will cash it, and then put it all on red or black at the roulette table for us. We either go big or go home. We can have him film it so we can watch the action Yes

Joe
(02-18-2015 08:05 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's a big ol' pile of clad, Ed! I have a great idea...

All TC members should save their clad for a year, cash it in, and we'll pool it together. We'll make out a check, and send it to Leo in Vegas, who will cash it, and then put it all on red or black at the roulette table for us. We either go big or go home. We can have him film it so we can watch the action Yes

Joe

LOL Joe!

Not with my clad you ain't! That's buying me a real nice tumbler!

Ed/ODF
That's a big pile. What came first? The dirty clad or the tumbler? I think I dug about $3 in clad last year.
LOL If I sent you my clad they would reject it out of hand. It needs to run in a tumbler for several hours before a bank will even consider it.
(02-18-2015 08:42 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]LOL If I sent you my clad they would reject it out of hand. It needs to run in a tumbler for several hours before a bank will even consider it.

Yes BUT! Clean them, take em to a CoinStar Machine, cash em in. Although I usually get them so clean with chemistry and hand scrubbing the bank takes them. Prior to this load I cashed $103 at the bank from late March 2014. About 3 months worth. Funny story is in July I was getting my own change back from the stores because I recognised some of the color of the quarters and dimes from the chemistry I use. So they put it back into circulation. Oh well, money is money!

Ed/ODF
Your on the way to getting a nice new tumbler there ED .
(02-18-2015 08:40 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]That's a big pile. What came first? The dirty clad or the tumbler? I think I dug about $3 in clad last year.

Will,

$3.00? Really. That's really kinda sad. I do about $200 to $300 a season. Course I'm out there every day.

But I've yet to buy a tumbler. I bought a vibratory tumbler. Great if you're polishing brass casings for reloading. Stinks for coin restoration. I out thunk myself again. Damn it! Next on the list is a rotary tumbler. But I'm really kind of a cheap SOB so I'll wait until the clad fills the room so I really have something to do over the Winter. LOL!!!

Ed/ODF
Yes Wow, nice job on all those coins!
Right on Ed Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's