Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Photo Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a shot of my photo setup which shows a one step footstool, a green legal file folder for a background, to clamp lamps (which I sprayed the inside with appliance white glossy paint) and the bulbs are 100W 6000K CFL. The only thing I suggest if you use CFL bulbs is to let them warm up to full before you start shooting. This is an easy setup and I can put it away just as it sits or break it down pretty quick if needed.
Nice setup Ed. I don't have anything like that.
(02-18-2015 07:36 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice setup Ed. I don't have anything like that.

Thanks. I wouldn't either but I have this phone that takes great pics outdoors but sucks indoors, close up with a flash. I had this stuff laying around so I put it together.

Ed/ODF
That's a pretty slick set-up Yes I might steal, er, "borrow" your idea, lol. Is it important which angles the lights are on, or no?

Joe
Nice setup Ohio. I have a portable booth I use. It's about a 2" X2" cube
(02-18-2015 07:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's a pretty slick set-up Yes I might steal, er, "borrow" your idea, lol. Is it important which angles the lights are on, or no?

Joe

Joe,

Depends on the subject matter. If it's flat like coins, as in most of my silver shots, I do a 11 o'clock 3 o'clock with the lamps about 5 to 10 degrees above level. With the bigger stuff I just raise the angle of the lamps to brighten the shadows. I have a 2 foot square tent, that I use for glassware that I collect and that's a different ballgame. Here's a sample of one of my rejects for a bourbon glass I own.
Nice, that beats my boys holding the flashlight for me, but it does get them involved.
Reference URL's