Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: GPZ 7000 available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Have $12,000 laying around?
Consider this!
http://http://www.minelab.com/usa/produc...s/gpz-7000
I saw them for $9999.
(02-19-2015 02:34 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I saw them for $9999.

And they're out of their skulls too!

No way I'm paying 10k for a detector (or anywhere near that) = EVER (unless when you turn it on = it's 100% absolutely/undoubtedly guaranteed to automatically direct you to the exact location of a pot O gold) Big Grin

But til then = they can BITE ME!
Yeah it's insane.
(02-19-2015 05:39 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2015 02:34 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I saw them for $9999.

And they're out of their skulls too!

No way I'm paying 10k for a detector (or anywhere near that) = EVER (unless when you turn it on = it's 100% absolutely/undoubtedly guaranteed to automatically direct you to the exact location of a pot O gold) Big Grin

But til then = they can BITE ME!

You're not the target market, Wayne. Neither am I, or pretty much anyone else here. This is made for hard core, experienced prospectors like Steve H.

There are really only two facets of this hobby where people can make decent, regular money: beach hunting & prospecting. If someone is EXCEPTIONALLY talented in either of these niches, there are bucks to be made, for sure. Chicago Ron is a beach hunter who literally finds pounds of gold per season. Steve H. is one of the best prospectors alive, who routinely finds multi ounce nuggets. If they thought it could increase their bottom line, I'm sure both of these fellas would buy a water unit or prospecting unit in this price range. While I don't think anyone WANTS to pay $10,000 for a detector, the two guys above could easily justify the purchase.

Is the average coinshooter or relic guy going to be buying these? Unless they're quite well off, definitely not. Nobody can regularly make enough with these activities to justify plunking down ten grand. So, these machines are only for a minutely tiny, segmented niche of the treasure hunting world. Will this small niche be enough to profit from? As any salesman will tell you...

It is MUCH easier to sell 10 $500,000 cars, than 500 $10,000 cars. Less work, too.

Remember also, that Minelab just opened up a major distributorship in Dubai. They know the overseas gold prospecting market is HUGE. They are clearly (and smartly) going after this piece of the pie. Did you know that some detectors sell for 5 or 6 times what they do here, in other parts of the world, as getting access to them is incredibly difficult due to demand, customs, shipping procedures, etc.?

They ain't for us! Lol Tongue

Joe
WOW! Speechless
I got interested in this Hobby watching deep digger Dan. I had no idea this Hobby was this big. I could not imagine paying more for a Detector than most of the Cars iv owned.
(02-19-2015 08:20 PM)samrussell Wrote: [ -> ]I got interested in this Hobby watching deep digger Dan. I had no idea this Hobby was this big. I could not imagine paying more for a Detector than most of the Cars iv owned.

I agree, I wouldn't either. Yet, I have a pool shark friend of mine who spent $3,500 on a custom cue. The guy plays in major tournaments, whips peoples asses in private pool rooms, etc. He can justify the purchase. On the opposite side of the spectrum, I'm a decent amateur pool player, who shoots maybe a couple of times per year. I obviously couldnt justify the purchase.

There are many that are new to this hobby who wouldn't even THINK about spending 8 or $900 on a detector. They aren't there yet, and maybe they'll never be.

It's all about justification.

Joe
I doubt they will sell in Africa. People there are still buying green T2s for prospecting.
I know someone who bought one!! It was not me!!

Hard to justify but if you can swing it then why not!!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's