Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-02-2013 03:04 AM)gilden Wrote: [ -> ]Creeper: do you have any 45º picture? (not from the top/front or side).

I wasn't a hundred percent sure what you were asking, I think I know what you want.  I just cleaned and polished the ring last night.  The other pictures were taken with just finger cleaning at the plug.

(07-31-2013 07:02 PM)49r Relics Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool! I went to high school in a rural town and we had a jewelry class (just like wood shop, metal shop, auto shop, etc), this was one of out projects to use old silver spoons to make a ring. None of us could find a sterling spoon so we all used plated.

Congrats! Yes

Could you tell me the process, in laymen terms, how you accomplished that.  I never seen anything like this before.  I have seen people make beautiful rings out of silver coins.  I find this very interesting.  Thx for the comment.
Don't take me wrong (I don't mean to offend anyone) but, is it really a ring?
It looks to me like half of a bent spoon. My parents have some very, very similar.
(08-02-2013 08:23 PM)gilden Wrote: [ -> ]Don't take me wrong (I don't mean to offend anyone) but, is it really a ring?
It looks to me like half of a bent spoon. My parents have some very, very similar.

Yes, Gil, it's really a ring. Not being a detectorist, you've probably never seen something like this before. It was very common for people a long time ago to make jewelry from coins, silverware, etc. This is EXACTLY why you need to start detecting, people find the coolest stuff Wink

Joe
Nice find and  silver  too .Another lost art the video generation will never experience . Big  Congrats on your first ring .Yes
(08-02-2013 08:35 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2013 08:23 PM)gilden Wrote: [ -> ]Don't take me wrong (I don't mean to offend anyone) but, is it really a ring?

Yes, Gil, it's really a ring. Not being a detectorist, you've probably never seen something like this before. It was very common for people a long time ago to make jewelry from coins, silverware, etc. This is EXACTLY why you need to start detecting, people find the coolest stuff Wink

Joe

Man, I didn't know that Mouthshut
I really have to start digging! Big Grin
Great find. A home made ring. Think about the time someone put into the making of this. A lost trade today. This will be something you will never forget finding.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's