Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I finally pulled my first ring out of the ground.  This was 6 inches down.  It ways 14 grams.  I have never seen anything like it before. LoL.  Well, it is technically a ring; I guess.  The park I found it in was established in 1875 and with the number of pull tabs and screw caps, I feel it has not been detected in.  Any information would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Congratulations on your first ring.  This will be the first of many.
Nice, made from silverware. I think its fairly old
Nice. Is it silver. I found one like that but it is stainless.
Hell of a way to break the ice! That's not only a nice ring, it's FANTASTIC Yes

Yes, looks to be made from someone's old silverware. Beautiful piece, Creeper!!!

Joe
Nice ring! What detector are you using?
I did some more research, the silverware is sterling silver.  I don't know if its a fork, knife, or something else.  But, the silverware is from Rodgers & Bros., its 1952 "elegant lady", very very common silverware for the day.

Back in the 1700's thru the late 1800's servants would steal silverware and make wedding rings out of them.  The silverware would have the family crest on it, making it traceable, and get the servant 7 years in jail.  In the 60's and 70's it was popular to craft rings out of silverware.  So, I'm guessing this is what this dates to,Maybe.

I thought this find was going to be a big joke to everybody.  I actually learned something from it.  People that I showed it to are really supportive of it.  I thought I found junk and it turns into a nice piece.

Thanks for the comments.

(07-31-2013 12:04 PM)CTChris Wrote: [ -> ]Nice ring! What detector are you using?

I use a Garret 350 Ace, with Garret Pro Pointer, and a Lesch digging trowel.  I will probably be getting an AT Garret Pro next year.  I'm still on the fence between the AT Pro and the AT Gold.  Will see.
Why would the find be a joke? Quite the contrary, it's really a terrific piece! This hobby is more than just coins & jewelry Wink As much as I love digging old coins, it's the offbeat things, odd relics & older what's-it's that make this pursuit truly interesting...spices things up a bit. 

I'd say you're off to a damn good start, keep up the good work!!!

Joe
Cool Find!!  And Silver too !!
Creeper: do you have any 45º picture? (not from the top/front or side).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's