Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: looking to buy an upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-27-2015 09:46 PM)Dean Stone Wrote: [ -> ]There is a new kid on the block from across the big water. The Nokta Racer, the way everyone talks it beats all others. The Big K store in FL. has them not. It is $595.00 i thinkĀ  with one coil, or the PRO PACK with 3 coils, headphomes battery pack with charger and car charger. Tom D, did a revure on it. it is on his fourm.

I've been keeping my eye on that on Tom's site. Gotta tell ya though...

I agree VERY strongly with a comment Wayne (Michigan Relic Hunter) made on there, which is...

Yes, I'm sure the Racer is a damn fine unit, but, is it AMAZINGLY different than any of the other iron work machines like; AT Gold, Gold Bug, Deus, F75, T2, etc.? I've never used one, but according to the specs, as well as a few videos I've watched, IMO, it's simply another rehashed unmasker. Yes, maybe the tones are more "blendy", yadda, yadda, yadda, but it's not a groundbreaking machine like the Deus was when it first came out. And it's CERTAINLY not a groundbreaking technological feat, like say BBS or FBS was when it launched.

I think the REAL problem is, people are quick to fall for hype. I even do so myself, sometimes. It's easy to let emotion blind you instead of logic when something you're passionate about is involved, like metal detecting. And the manufacturers play it to the hilt, too; leaking info on the forums, making new product announcements in the dead of winter when most can't hunt to get'm all riled up to buy in the spring, and similar marketing tactics.

I've used a lot of machines in my time. Best 3 FOR ME, were the CZ20/1 for the beach, and a CZ3D & Minelab for coinhunting. They did/will cover most of my needs. I currently use ONE machine most of the time, my Safari. And I feel confident I can hunt with the best of them for coins, only using it, cause I know it like the back of my hand. Yet...

I see guys changing machines like they're baby diapers, every couple of weeks it seems. For what? Most of it is flavor of the month kinda crap. New doodads, a backlight, etc., gimme a break, lol.

Yes, I know it can get kinda routine hunting with just one or two units, and it's fun to learn new things, but within reason. Remember too...

It's not the machine, it's the SPOTS & USER EXPERIENCE Wink

Again, I have seen truly earth-shattering, groundbreaking machines; the Deus', the first Minelab's, the F75's, etc., however, a slightly different looking/sounding iron work machine that rhymes with "eraser" ain't one of them.
I would let the racer be out for at least 6 months before I jumped to that one. If something goes wrong it will not be easy to get it repaired. I say find a good SE Pro.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's