Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: looking to buy an upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright ....I'm looking to buy a new detector real soon. I think have it narrowed down...Minelab Etrac or a XP Deus???? What do you think?....I appreciate any feedback....pros and con's of both. I've just about Youtube'd it to death. Lol. Thank you ahead of time!!
(02-21-2015 05:23 PM)hosedragger996 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright ....I'm looking to buy a new detector real soon. I think have it narrowed down...Minelab Etrac or a XP Deus????   What do you think?....I appreciate any feedback....pros and con's of both. I've just about Youtube'd it to death. Lol. Thank you ahead of time!!

I've always wanted a etrac and I read that it's real user friendly.
Coins or relics? Iron filled sites?
Will's asking the right questions , along with new(to you) or used.
I have both and like the etrac best for junky park hunting in modern trash and coin and jewelry pursuits. Not much heavy iron in my venues but the etrac with a small coil and slow sweep speed in TTF is a formidable detector anywhere and probably the Deus' equal or better in a beach setting as well. Reasonable cost and selection of etrac coils further tips the scale to the etrac. Ergonomics and innovation are the Deus' forte but the wild card is what the next update could do to the Deus' performance. Neither is going to hurt you so I suggest looking for a good deal on a CTX with the 6" coil as a kicker and you can end the next dilemma before you get there. Happy Why move up slowly when you can drag that hose up the ladder 2 rungs at a time?
The places I've been detecting haven't been very trashy. I mainly look for whatever I can find....relics are great, coins are too. I'm wanting something that I can take to the beach, but I live in NC....so we have that crap Carolina Clay soil ,which can be a hard to dig in. Luckily its not everywhere. As far upgrading straight the top, like a CTX....that's easy... My wife does play a Lil part on how much she is willing to fork out too. Haha. Plus since I take care of one of my daughters while my wife is at work and I'm off, I don't get to get out detecting much. Sometimes I'm lucky to go once or twice a week. ...makes it a Lil hard to justify it. But I do get it.
I would get a Etrac or CTX. The Deus is pretty much a straight up relic machine, unless coins are fairly shallow. By getting one of these, you'll find coins with ease, you'll also get your fair share of relics, AND you can use both of these on the beach, too. If you're tight on cash, the old Explorers are GREAT. Only probably is getting them fixed or sourcing parts, as they're "older" units.

What happened with the Safari?

Joe
yes I would say a Etrac or Se pro or CTX 3030. Maybe a explorer os some kind can get them used cheaper now
I have an E-trac what is now 2 years old and I have already found what it cost to buy.It's the best detector I have own.Yes
Etrac or SE Pro. CTX doesn't fit your need parameters. Agree with the XP Deus call above by Joe. And its batteries are sealed in each component. No ability to swap them out if they die in field. As a firefighter maybe you have dealt with that issue on not having spare batteries around. It is light as a feather and has its uses, but I think a Etrac or SE Pro, (and the Se Pro is discontinued) would be a better match. IMHO. Good luck any which way you go. All of them are great machines for the serious detectorist.

Ed/ODF
There is a new kid on the block from across the big water. The Nokta Racer, the way everyone talks it beats all others. The Big K store in FL. has them not. It is $595.00 i think  with one coil, or the PRO PACK with 3 coils, headphomes battery pack with charger and car charger. Tom D, did a revure on it. it is on his fourm.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's