Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Eskimo migration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why not? The weather's right.
That's a new one! You don't see much of that in the lower 48. I hear they may not have enough snow up there this year to run the Iditarod.
Maybe I'll get one of them sleds. We do have an Alaskan Klee Kai.
That's a crazy ass pic, Will. You know, snow wise, last winter was officially the worst ever on record in NY/NJ. Never thought we'd see something like that again. Well, although this year has been average for snow here, this has got to be one of the coldest seasons I ever remember. With the exception of an off day here & there, we haven't been above freezing in more than a month! And the way it happened is strange...

My last hunt with my buddy Gerry was around January 5th. Up to then, almost no snow, warmer temps, etc. Then, around the second half of January it all changed, FAST & HARD!

I honestly thought we were going to coast right through this winter with ease. Wishful thinking.

Joe
Yeah winter just hit all the sudden in January. My last dig was January 4th.
I thought all the Eskimo's had migrated down here. We sure have a lot of snowbirds now. I just keep hoping they are throwing their jewelry into the water.
Cool picture !! Maybe that what we need now to get out detecting .
They can use them at the frozen NJ beaches, I heard they are using pick axes to hack away at targets this past weekend
I'm so glad we had just a inch of snow last night, the most we had all season. Chuckle
No complain here but we had another bout and got three and a half inches besides the cold temps. Man when it hits 40 degrees this year everyone will be out in shorts!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's