Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Anybody create golas for the year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before you go out to find more gold, have you bench tested your machine to see where gold falls on the screen. Do you know what the sound is like?
Gold and silver in any form. Also to find more silver than my detecting partner this year. For the last two years he's kick my butt.
Bob, you have been detecting for a long time now so what changes will you make to ensure to kick his butt? Do you have a plan? Bench testing during the winter is a start
(02-26-2015 05:08 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Before you go out to find more gold, have you bench tested your machine to see where gold falls on the screen. Do you know what the sound is like?

I've tried it a couple of times with some gold jewelry I have laying about. 10 and 14K. But I'd have to redo the tests as it was last Spring. I did right down the numbers but they were real bouncy. I didn't do air tests however and actually had the pieces in little snack zip lock bag buried at various depths. I have a 14K rope chain that isn't too thick but 18" long and I recall my SE not even being able to pick it up even just laying on the grass in a clump. The rings, as I remember, had a mid tone but were real scratchy. I've found a few gold plated pieces that were mildly toasted and my nickel count is way up but I'll have to redo the tests for the tone.
ED/ODF, at least you have attempted to get more information. At first is is starnge because we are all hunting for silver. I too will redo some tests as soon as I hit the fields but I don't have a test garden. This city property is cemented all way round the house, so that option for me is out
(02-26-2015 09:34 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Bob, you have been detecting for a long time now so what changes will you make to ensure to kick his butt? Do you have a plan? Bench testing during the winter is a start

I downloaded a few new modes to the E-Trac and checking out some news places
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's