Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Great commercial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw this on a show last night. Minelab "The World's Best Metal Detection Technologies": http://youtu.be/E3Qfi9gzti8

This should be the link I meant to post. Minelab Sweet Symphony (full length); Minelab creates the world's best m...: http://youtu.be/s7_AC_QlOkE
That's a pretty good spot. "Make the ground disappear", lol. You know...

At least they didn't use all of those old Whites ploys in their commercial, like showing a 90 year old woman digging up a gold coin in her rose garden, a guy standing in front of his truck saying he bought it with the $10,000 diamond ring he found, etc. I get it...

It's puffery. Marketing. They have to sell units, but, they go too far. They promote the almighty dollar too much, instead of the history & adventure of the hobby. Yes, the ploys work (they even reeled me in! Lol), however...

I would say at least half of the people who buy a detector (especially if they bought it based on the Whites commercials) get frustrated after a few outings/months, and they give up.

Nobody needs to overly exaggerate or promote what one could find, as everyone already has the dreams in their heads. They know what a metal detector could find. Instead, they should capture the excitement, the action, the fun, the historical aspect of the hobby.

Just my 2 cents Happy

Joe
Oh wait that link is the wrong commercial. Let me try again. Ok try that second link.

(02-28-2015 01:18 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's a pretty good spot. "Make the ground disappear", lol. You know...

At least they didn't use all of those old Whites ploys in their commercial, like showing a 90 year old woman digging up a gold coin in her rose garden, a guy standing in front of his truck saying he bought it with the $10,000 diamond ring he found, etc. I get it...

It's puffery. Marketing. They have to sell units, but, they go too far. They promote the almighty dollar too much, instead of the history & adventure of the hobby. Yes, the ploys work (they even reeled me in! Lol), however...

I would say at least half of the people who buy a detector (especially if they bought it based on the Whites commercials) get frustrated after a few outings/months, and they give up.

Nobody needs to overly exaggerate or promote what one could find, as everyone already has the dreams in their heads. They know what a metal detector could find. Instead, they should capture the excitement, the action, the fun, the historical aspect of the hobby.

Just my 2 cents Happy

Joe
Yeah I agree. Companies go a little too far in advertising sometimes. Does Red Bull really give you wings? I'm afraid to try the stuff.
LOL All these manufacture commercials are the same. If BS was music they would be a brass band.
(02-28-2015 04:44 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]LOL All these manufacture commercials are the same. If BS was music they would be a brass band.

Mike, just like the old saying goes; "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."

Joe
(02-28-2015 04:44 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]LOL All these manufacture commercials are the same. If BS was music they would be a brass band.

Or techno club dance music.
Yes
Yes advertising sells if they told you that all you would find is a pull tab nobody would buy them. So spend 12,500.00 and it will find gold 7 ft deep if you dig that deep. Or spend 1200.00 and find gold 10 inches deep if someone else hasn't found it before you. Which one do you think will sell the best.
And it easier to sell one for 12,500.00 than 10 for 1,250.00
(02-28-2015 09:50 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes advertising sells if they told you that all you would find is a pull tab nobody would buy them. So spend 12,500.00 and it will find gold 7 ft deep if you dig that deep. Or spend 1200.00 and find gold 10 inches deep if someone else hasn't found it before you. Which one do you think will sell the best.
And it easier to sell one for 12,500.00 than 10 for 1,250.00

So you think they will sell more than one 7000 for every ten fbs machines sold? I don't know about that.
I know of atleast 6 that are going to be at the next DIV most will be dealers using them , But not me I will use my 4800
Reference URL's