Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Read Any Good Books lately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys and gals, while doing winter research I re- read an old Treasue Hunting book just yesterday and it was a very good read. The Urban Treasure Hunter by Mike Chaplan. He is a very good writer and brings up some good points.

So - tell me what books are you reading this winter? It doesn't have to pertain to MD
That was the first detecting book I read. They had it at the local library. I learned alot from it. That was before I even discovered all the info available online.
I read that book, Tony. Good stuff. Remember the part where he thought he found a dead woman's body in the weeds in Brooklyn, but it turned out to be a blow up doll instead, lol.

Can you imagine if they ever re-opened Central Park?!

Joe
(02-28-2015 05:22 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]The Urban Treasure Hunter by Mike Chaplan.
I need to look into that one.
The only detecting book I've read, reread, is Andy Sabisches' Minelab Explorer/Etrac handbook.

I have to look in the library to see if there are any other detecting books available there.

I am currently reading a very inciteful online book, "Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant", which for you Civil War buffs in the areas in which he served, would be a good reference if you live any where near where he organised his troops and battles because he includes maps.
Ha ha - yeah he is a good writer. I need to go back and re-read a few parts.
Andy's book helped me big time but bench testing afterwards was a bigger help.

I have read books on Revolutionary War in my area but they haven't given me X marks the spot.
Reference URL's