Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: pocket knife
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this pocket knife at a park in Frankfurt the other day. It was near a grove of trees, about 6" down using the AT PRO. the blade is marked ERM Stainless steel and as you can see there is a piece missing off the handle.  The other blade has a logo of a knife and crown.  Does anybody know anything about the manufacturer? I'd be interested to know, I don't believe it has much value but a cool find.

[attachment=5312][attachment=5313][attachment=5314][attachment=5315]
I LOVE finding old pocket knives! That might be a Boy Scout knife. AWESOME!!!

Joe
Great find!  

Here is a little info I found on the company. My favorite part of detecting relics is finding out where they came from, approx. date of manufacture, etc.

Your does appear to be a scouting type knife, as Joe mentioned.

The company was founded in 1873, registrated December, 4 1874.
Located at Solingen-Wald in 1922 and at Kanalstrasse 43 in 1939.

Carl Friedrich Ern family were razor-grinders (the Wupper grinders, after Wuppertal), and he took over his fathers company - they honed razors for other firms (in 1860 Nathaniel Ern only ground and honed razors for Henckels), but soon began to make their own razors. Nathaniel taught his son Carl to do the job - at that time there were 20 workers and seven masters. Singing and talking were forbidden, drinking never allowed. The company moved to Wald (to Wittekulle), an outlying district of Solingen, in 1876. In 1893 they introduced the 'Hexe' machine to hollow-grind razors, said to be a benefit to all razor makers.

Here is some further info on the maker.

http://www.strazors.com/index.php?id=171...ngen_wald_
Very nice! thanks for the information.
Nice detective work SLC
I love pocket knives too and good work on finding the history SLC.
Nice find and in good condition!
Nice find on the pocket knive[/i]
That knife is in good shape for being in the ground. Congrats.
Pocket knife is neat.
Reference URL's