Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Making a new Hunters club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im in the process of making a new treasure hunters group in my area. any advice would be helpful. Unfortunately the only group I can find in my area only goes to the beach a couple times a year marks off an area and seeds it with modern coins. Not very exciting to me.
(03-03-2015 05:19 PM)jmabercrombie29 Wrote: [ -> ]Im in the process of making a new treasure hunters group in my area. any advice would be helpful. Unfortunately the only group I can find in my area only goes to the beach a couple times a year marks off an area and seeds it with modern coins. Not very exciting to me.

I would put a small classifieds ad in the back of Lost Treasure magazine, as well as Western & Eastern Treasure. They're about $20 or $30 depending how many words yo have. Use a strong headline, like; PHILADELPHIA DETECTING CLUB, or something similar. Also, facebook is great for this kinda stuff. Just type in the city you're in, followed by the words "metal detecting". There may be some pages you'll find with hunters near you.

Also the obvious, maybe post a tweet about it, or put something up on your facebook page.

Wish you the best of luck Yes

Joe
(03-03-2015 05:37 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2015 05:19 PM)jmabercrombie29 Wrote: [ -> ]Im in the process of making a new treasure hunters group in my area. any advice would be helpful. Unfortunately the only group I can find in my area only goes to the beach a couple times a year marks off an area and seeds it with modern coins. Not very exciting to me.

I would put a small classifieds ad in the back of Lost Treasure magazine, as well as Western & Eastern Treasure. They're about $20 or $30 depending how many words yo have. Use a strong headline, like; PHILADELPHIA DETECTING CLUB, or something similar. Also, facebook is great for this kinda stuff. Just type in the city you're in, followed by the words "metal detecting". There may be some pages you'll find with hunters near you.

Also the obvious, maybe post a tweet about it, or put something up on your facebook page.

Wish you the best of luck Yes

Joe

Thanks Joe. I have a Facebook page started with just a few friends. I wend ahead and posted a link to this sight. b
Here is a good guide to get you started. It has good information on how to put it all together.

http://www.mdhtalk.org/articles/club-han...ndbook.htm

Mike
Posted it on here and give your area where you'll like to meet.
Reference URL's