Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Favorite Aspect of Detecting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course, we ALL love to get out there in the fresh air to swing, but, there are many who prefer the rush from other facets of the hobby. So, out of the following choices, which is your favorite part of what we do?

1. Legwork on finding new spots to hunt
2. Hunting, itself
3. Researching your finds and finding out the history behind them

As for me, definitely number 2 first, followed closely behind number 3. After my hunts are over, I normally rush home to clean off my stuff, and immediately hit the internet. There, I look up all of my oldest coins, relic pieces, etc.

What about you?

Joe
2 and 3 for me also. If it is historic it is fun to find out the3 history behind and if just a ring it is fun to try and find the owner.
2-3-1. The dig itself is by far my favorite part. Seeing what is in the hole is what it's all about.
#1 for sure.
1, 2 & 3 in that order with #2 being tops!
#2 by far as my #1

the simple "act" of detecting/digging is what fires the passion deep inside for me

it's the challenge of "me VS my machine/s" and "me VS the site/s" I hunt...

I LOVE to push the limits of man and machine in a site that most guys would just cringe and run away from! lol

I love to "master" my machine/s to the point that you become one with them (more or less) by understanding what they tell you with unbelievable accuracy ;-)

Everything else is just secondary (the finds, research, etc. etc.)...

Beer
I like the exercise too.
Reference URL's