Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More Gold Rush era Relics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mark -49r Relics and I have been hitting quite a few old gold rush sites in the last few months.

First of all here is a pic of what we dig to get the few goodies that we brag about!!

There are still a few goodies in the bunch to be separated.

[attachment=474]

[attachment=478]

[attachment=479]

[attachment=480]

Mark digs the heck out of rosettes and conches.  I tend to find a lot of these powder tin caps and other misc caps from that time period.

[attachment=476]

here is a pile of goodies that I left in the tumbler all night--yep forgot and went to bed.  Well they are definitely 'cleaned up"  actually I kind of like the look.

[attachment=477]

[attachment=481]
I see quit a few goodies in that pile...is the powder flask smashed real bad, or can you do some dr. Frankenstein work on it, and bring it back? I got one hilltop in a large mining camp that I dig nothing but jeans buttons...like way more than normal..often wonder how they kept their pants up.
Nice finds. I like the Carhartt buttons. How long have they been in business?
Wow , Ron , you and Mark aren't playing !! That's  some serious  digging !! I salute you .Yes YesBeerBeer
Those cleaned up a treat!

Is the star shaped thing a horse reins decoration?
thanks for  the comments

Will--Carhartt -Founded in 1889

Ray-- Only 1/2 a flask-no bringing her back but it will display OK.

Micah--I believe you are correct and that it was a saddle/horse tack decoration.  It had a rusty chain on it when I found it but it disintegrated.
Reference URL's