Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: big fat skunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to run up to Granite Bay this morning to do a quick job. I wasn't trying to decide where to hit after I was done..go hit the river for gold or hike back to an old Chinese miners camp I've hammered last couple years...I chose the camp. I worked it hard with the Deeptech Vista Gold for 5hours, and believe it or not, did not get one single non-ferrous object! Not a shell, lead, nothing. I even started wondering if the detector was crappin out, but everytime I tested it, it worked properly. I did eyeball this
[attachment=485]
And dug this...anyone know what it is??
[attachment=486]
The bears have been chowing down on blackberries, there was big purple turds everywhere. Heres a pic of some of the old workings
[attachment=487]
Anyways, I'm done with this spot. If anyone wants to give it a shot, pm me. Its near Auburn. Its a 2mile hike one way, elevation drop of about 800-1000 ft, so not bad if your in decent shape. Oh, and there are 2beautiful little gold streams, gold is spotty, but I have found pickers. Ray
You must have pounded it pretty good to get ZERO good targets!!

At least it is a testament to your skills if nothing is left.  Seems like a pretty good hike for slim pickings.  I might pass on that site!!  Great pictures though!!  You should of at least grabbed a purple turd for a paper weight or something!!  Wink
(08-03-2013 12:04 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]I had to run up to Granite Bay this morning to do a quick job. I wasn't trying to decide where to hit after I was done..go hit the river for gold or hike back to an old Chinese miners camp I've hammered last couple years...I chose the camp. I worked it hard with the Deeptech Vista Gold for 5hours, and believe it or not, did not get one single non-ferrous object! Not a shell, lead, nothing. I even started wondering if the detector was crappin out, but everytime I tested it, it worked properly. I did eyeball this

And dug this...anyone know what it is??

The bears have been chowing down on blackberries, there was big purple turds everywhere. Heres a pic of some of the old workings

Anyways, I'm done with this spot. If anyone wants to give it a shot, pm me. Its near Auburn. Its a 2mile hike one way, elevation drop of about 800-1000 ft, so not bad if your in decent shape. Oh, and there are 2beautiful little gold streams, gold is spotty, but I have found pickers. Ray

Ray, you've probably worked on a LOT of pitched roofs over the years, if you consider an elevation drop of 800 - 1000 feet "not bad" Tongue Getting skunked sucks, but, at least you can cross that spot off your list for good. As Einstein use to say; "I love failure. The more I fail, the closer I am to success." Gotta go through the strike outs, in order to get the hits Wink

Joe
Them purple turds where a little to fresh to throw in my pack. I'm still baffled that I couldn't get a non - ferrous target... . I know you and Mark have plenty to keep ya busy, just thought if someone wanted some adventure and didn't know where to go besides the usual Mineral Bar or Yankee Jims , this is a neat place and once you get to the camp , your all alone. The potential for really good gold is there. Remember 15-20 years ago the lady was killed by a mountain lion near Auburn? This is the area.
Reference URL's