Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Best Spot Ever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We each have our favorite hunting spots of all time. The place where you found the most, or best finds ever. Mine would have to be an old wooded area here in NJ, where I got one of my seated's, and an assortment of other stuff. Also, an old park where I found 2 of my 3 reals, and my only two center. Man oh man, when I first found these spots, I had a field day. It was almost as if nothing new would surface, everything was OLD. I hauled a lot of keepers out of them, and they're pretty dead now. I go back once in a while to dig low conductors, and see if I missed any high conductors.

What is your favorite spot/s ever? Don't name the place or post giveaway information, but give us a feel. It's nice to go down memory lane...especially since I can't detect yet!!! Tongue

Joe
Mine would be an old high school where I found the most silver coins at once.
Mine is in Lithuania right after they declared independence from Russia. I think I was the first and only guy in the country with a metal detector for a couple years. I found 100's of silver coins from the 1500 and 1600's. Plus some real interesting relics. It is also where I first started to metal detect.
(03-06-2015 11:33 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is in Lithuania right after they declared independence from Russia. I think I was the first and only guy in the country with a metal detector for a couple years. I found 100's of silver coins from the 1500 and 1600's. Plus some real interesting relics. It is also where I first started to metal detect.

Wow! Talk about shooting the proverbial fish in a barrel!

Joe
Mine is a place just a few blocks down the street. I am the only person in virginia with the ok to hunt it and it had never been touched before. Just a few hundred yards from fort Monroe, and some of the richest civil war area around.. But for some reason every button and medal i pulled out of the ground was from WWI and WWII... go figure
(03-06-2015 11:45 PM)jmabercrombie29 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is a place just a few blocks down the street. I am the only person in virginia with the ok to hunt it and it had never been touched before. Just a few hundred yards from fort Monroe, and some of the richest civil war area around.. But for some reason every button and medal i pulled out of the ground was from WWI and WWII... go figure

That is strange about the time period of finds Cool Still, it's only a couple of blocks from your house! Can't beat that Yes

Joe
Fort Monroe has been around since 1819. It was a northern base during the civil war and troops were also shipped out over seas during WWI and WWII. the detector i was using was a cheapy so im going to go back tomorrow with the ace 250 and see if anything is there just deeper...
(03-06-2015 11:56 PM)jmabercrombie29 Wrote: [ -> ]Fort Monroe has been around since 1819. It was a northern base during the civil war and troops were also shipped out over seas during WWI and WWII. the detector i was using was a cheapy so im going to go back tomorrow with the ace 250 and see if anything is there just deeper...

If you have a GREAT spot, even a "cheapie" will do, but the deeper you can get, the better Wink Best of luck, my friend Yes I'll be looking out with your post featuring some kickass treasure Yes

Joe
Mark and I have a spot that has given us Gold Nuggets, Silver Coins and gold rush relics!!

We have pounded it but still stop by from time to time just to pay our respects!!
(03-06-2015 11:33 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is in Lithuania right after they declared independence from Russia. I think I was the first and only guy in the country with a metal detector for a couple years. I found 100's of silver coins from the 1500 and 1600's. Plus some real interesting relics. It is also where I first started to metal detect.

That would be cool to detect, but my luck I would find a land mine.

(03-06-2015 11:56 PM)jmabercrombie29 Wrote: [ -> ]Fort Monroe has been around since 1819. It was a northern base during the civil war and troops were also shipped out over seas during WWI and WWII. the detector i was using was a cheapy so im going to go back tomorrow with the ace 250 and see if anything is there just deeper...

Good luck, you never know.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's